GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mawti

1. mawti

Official: When do you plan to change to winter tyres thread

So, when will you all be making the change? You can post where you're from, which tyres you're changing from. Which tyres you're changing to etc. --- Here in Toronto, it's getting pretty chilly. Was planning to make the change tomorrow but saw the weather forecast and decided to give it...
  2. mawti

VW Body Shop Not Guranteeing Paint

I recently got rear-ended so I took my car into a certified Volkswagen body shop. (Don Valley Auto Collision). When I brought it in, I asked about getting my lowers painted (rear bumper/sides/lip), but they said they won't do it because they cannot guarantee the work ie. they wont cover it...
  3. mawti

Squeeky Brakes in the morning

Does anyone else have problems with the noise of their brakes when you set off in the morning? It seems to only happen on cold, frosty mornings. (And up here in Canada, we've been getting quite of few of those lately) The sound it makes is not a high pitched-"seizing brake" sort of squeek, but...
  4. mawti

Swapping GTI and Golf/Rabbit bumpers?

Are the bumpers for both cars interchangable? Is there any fitment issues ie. for the muffler? Like many here, I am looking to have them painted but was thinking if the Golf/Rabbit already has colour matched rear bumpers/rear valance, would it be easier to just slap on a bumper that is already...
  5. mawti

Strange buzzing noise from engine.

My car just passed the initial break-in phase of 1600km (roughly 1000miles) so I was starting to pushing the motor a bit more, shifting at higher revs (5k +). When I parked it in my garage tonight, after idling the engine for a bit while the turbo cools before shutting off, I could hear this...