GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mark4323

1. Mark4323

VCDS expert in Sydney who can help me

Hi, I recently got a Mk6 GTI steering wheel installed in my MK5. It has the three warning lights on steering wheel, TMPS and traction control. When the guy who did the change for me connected VCDS to check the errors, VCDS couldn't detect the wheel moving. Is there someone in Sydney who can...
  2. Mark4323

Mk6 GTI steering wheel in Mk5 - help!

Hi all I've come late to this conversion. I'm having trouble on my MY08. Got the correct parts. After installation the steering wheel, traction control and TPMS lights stay on. Everything works except the paddles and there is no power steering. When it is connected to VCDS it doesn't read...
  3. Mark4323

Air Con Problems

Hi All, My 2008 GTI air con is playing up. It is very cold even when I turn the temperature up. It was fine last winter. Has anyone experienced this? My extended warranty just ran out in May.
  4. Mark4323

USB AUX in

Hi, can anyone advise where I can get this fitted in Sydney (other than the dealer)??? Have an RNS510.
  5. Mark4323

DSG bearing problem

In the SMH this week: http://smh.drive.com.au/used-car-reviews/volkswagen-golf-mkv-gti-used-car-review-20130821-2sagz.html While the recent palaver over DSG transmissions and the subsequent recall is centred around the later seven-speed unit, the six-speeder that was fitted to many GTIs can...
  6. Mark4323

Squealing rear brakes

I just remembered when asking about the wheel bearings I meant to ask about squealing rear brakes. At the last service, they sprayed something on the discs to stop the squealing. 4 months later it is as bad as ever. Any suggestions?
  7. Mark4323

Wheel Bearing

My car has started making that characteristic whump whump whump sound. Is that a common problem? Is it likely to be covered under extended warranty?
  8. Mark4323

RNS510 issue

I've got a MY08 with an original fit RNS510 - 1T0035680C. I upgraded the firmware to 2660 a couple of years ago. All has been fine except the map takes a while to load. Just recently it has started turning itself off intermittently. Anyone experienced this? I was just looking at Mav's...
  9. Mark4323

Roadside Assistance with Extended Warranty

Hi Time to get the extended warranty. The dealer has offered 3 years roadside assist for $250. Can anyone provide information on this?
  10. Mark4323

Wrong sort of whine

I've got an '08 GTI with DSG. I've noticed recently that when cold it has a real whine when accelerating. It seems fine when it warms up. Is this a known problem? If so, what do I tell the stealer when I take it in?
  11. Mark4323

Rattle in Rear LEDs

I took my car to the dealer and they fixed some of the rattles. However, one is the rear left taillight, which is an OEM LED. I had the lenses converted by Oaton's. The dealer said it is a common problem. Has anyone had this problem and is it easy to fix?
  12. Mark4323

Latest Drama - car stalled on the freeway

I was driving on the Freeway on Sunday night, doing about 110KPH. Suddenly the car just cut out - everything went off for about a second and then started again. I thought I'd imagined it and then a little while later it happened again. It happened twice more. Once when everything came back...
  13. Mark4323

Bad Bad Bad Bad Virbrations

Hi All, I've got a vibration in the car when travelling 100-120kph. I've had it back to the tyre place (Bob Jane) twice to have the wheels balanced. They said that as the whole car is vibrating it is likely to be the rear. I had a small accident a few weeks ago where the side of the car was...
  14. Mark4323

RNS510 Firmware upgrade map problem

When a number of us did the firmware upgrade last year, some of us had a problem where on start up the maps don't appear for a few minutes. Did anyone work out a fix?
  15. Mark4323

Skoda Bluetooth Connection Problem

Hi, I've had the Skoda bluetooth for 1.5 years. I had the car in having some bodywork repairs done and since I got it back it won't pair. The unit comes up on the phone and when I select it a message 'bluetooth connection failed' comes up. It is a Nokia 6550 phone. Can anyone provide any help?