GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jremey

1. J

Front bumper fix

I'm trying to essentially redo the front end, several fasteners are missing an pieces are kinda just hanging there. Anybody have a list of front bumper hardware? I'm finding results online but can't tell if I have everything I need. I'm looking for all fasteners for the honeycomb grille and...
  2. J

WM help...what went wrong

Ok, gonna move the check valve later. Gonna do some more research today on which cable to get since I only have a Mac. Since WM doesn't really do anything in the cold I probably won't post any logs until it starts getting hotter hear. Really appreciate all the advice
  3. J

So the solenoid is not between the res and pump. My setup goes tank above pump, then pump, the solenoid, then check valve about a foot away from the nozzle but I can probably move it closer. From the guage controller I can deactivate the pump and turn the whole system off so I'll do that during...
  4. J

Tune is for 93 but all I can find in my area is 92 which I always use. No logs 😕 been thinking about getting vcds or obd11 but the car has been running beautifully.
  5. J

Forgot to mention, full injection is set at 27 psi. Also, is it possible to have too cold it's? I'm in the pacific northwest and it's been under 60 lately.
  6. J

The stage 2.5 kit comes with an injection controller/boost guage. It taps into boost and I set the injection start at a certain boost level. I tried it at 6, 8, and 10 psi and they all performed the same on accel and idle. I'm currently running unitronics k04 with stage 2+ tune, IE catch can...
  7. J

So a few weeks back I decided to do a water/meth kit after reading all the benefits. I feel like I did my best in research pre-install but something obviously didn't go quite right. I'm running Snow Performance 2.5 which comes with a gauge controller tapped into boost. The system runs off a size...
  8. J

MKV Big Turbo Build

It's starting to look more like there's not really much else I can do for power increases then. At this point it doesn't even seem logical to do fueling upgrades since I'm not over 400 whp. I still feel like there's something I'm missing, or maybe it's just wishful thinking.
  9. J

MKV Big Turbo Build

How much power were you pushing on your BT build when the engine blew? From what I understand stock internals should support CHP up to 400 though I do remember reading one post saying they're good up to 500. I was really wanting to increase top end power but I'm not really sure there's much else...
  10. J

MKV Big Turbo Build

So I've decided to pull the trigger and start a BT build but I wanna make sure I have everything that I need (supporting mods and install hardware) to do it right. Yes I have already googled and researched but I haven't found anything definitive, and other builds I've found create more power...
  11. J

GOLF 5 GTI weird turbo noise and complete loss of power

I was thinking along the same lines. I had my intercooler pipe pop off a couple times and had similar sounds. Do you have a boost guage? It's a good idea to know what your normal boost levels are so you can compare them to situations like this. It may not be able to diagnose a bad turbo but at...
  12. J

2009 Gti Possible ABS Pump Failure

So this unfortunately will probably turn into a big headache, I know it did for me. I fought with VW for over a year to try to get them to take care of the recall but to no avail. The NHTSA recall states that your VW dealer is supposed to attempt a software update first. If that doesn't work...
  13. J

Daily driver mk5 no boost

So a day or two ago I noticed I wasn't getting any boost. I could put the peddle to the floor and my boost guage runs flat at 0 and I used to peak around 15 psi. It feels and runs just like it did when I would get heat soaked. This was completely unexpected considering I just installed the Forge...
  14. J

Forge Twintercooler no boost

So 2 days ago I finished installing my Forge Twintercooler. Immediately I noticed a decrease in boost and I could hear boost leaks whistling. I typically boost around 15psi and I dropped to only 5. According to my gauge vacuum is normal. I noticed a coupler wasn't seated fully to the factory...
  15. J

MKV Manual Boost Gauge Install

Hey guys, this is my first post here and I need a little help troubleshooting my boost gauge. I'm new to both the import and boost world so I've never had to hook up a boost gauge. The gauge was already partially installed when I bought the car and I've been putting off finishing the install due...