GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by johnny_p

1. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

DAT DUBSHOW, DOE
  2. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

All I could think about with that gif...
  3. johnny_p

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

I was going to say, the XKR is just as quick as the Aston while being a whole hell of a lot cheaper. And from some angles, looks better too.
  4. johnny_p

The price makes it a pretty attractive proposition. I mean... its as cheap or cheaper than his new Mazda 3i. And if it blows the engine? You can probably still salvage or part it out and walk away with at least $6k. Sure it would be expensive then, but not a whole hell of a lot more than a...
  5. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

unf
  6. johnny_p

You can get a 996 in good condition for mid-20s. Then sell it for $10k in 5-8 years. Not a bad way to spend $15k. Just be wary of the infamous IMS bearing problem and RMS issues. Otherwise they're supposedly pretty reliable. FWIW I love the fried egg headlights, and never hated the 996...
  7. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

This is true. But really overall it has been a good car. He would get another in a second. One major repair in 10 years isn't too bad IMO.
  8. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

My dad used to have a Legacy. He loved it, gave it to my brother when he moved out to California. Its still a great car, even though it had the obligatory Subaru head gasket failure. Actually, that's all that has gone wrong on that car in about 140k.
  9. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

The 3S with the 2.5 motor and 6AT certainly felt quick enough. Not too far off from my 6MT GTI.
  10. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

350 miles range > 300 miles range. Therefore superior MPG. #placmath
  11. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

We still love you, bro
  12. johnny_p

I had a first gen. Aside from always breaking it was a good first car. The 1.75's were AWFUL in just about every way.
  13. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

Either way, you ended up with the monster energy garage, lol. I'm a little jelly TBH.
  14. johnny_p

The Next Car Swap

Thats awesome. I'd DD it. There is a company called Kugel that makes V8 swap kits for 1st gen Foci. RWD and all.