GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DrFunkalupicus

1. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

How well do those hold up? I have been thinking about picking one of those up as I would like to get in to rock crawling.
  2. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

I got this from my local hobby shop today. Not quite a GTI but the closest I can find aside from sketchy looking Mk7 GTI TCR bodies on Ebay
  3. DrFunkalupicus

CoD Vanguard

Yeah....I just can't ever get myself to mess with the PC after work. I have a PS5 so the change from PC to console isn't too jarring for me. I am real bummed about the new BF. I am hoping they get it patched up before Christmas.
  4. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

I think you guys may get a kick out of this example of a hobby mirroring real life. I got the motor for my build off a guy named Rotor Ron. I came across his stuff on eBay. Dude rebuilds and tunes brushless RC racing motors and he had a hell of a deal on a rebuilt 13.5 so I snagged it up. When I...
  5. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

That is very true! I figured I would save some cash in the long run if I went with the factory kit right off the bat. Already has most of the goodies in the kit. The only upgrade I am thinking about right now is an aluminum bulkhead and I'll just wait until I inevitably break the stock one.
  6. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

If you're looking for something that can stand up to a beating, I have always found Traxxas models to be pretty tough.
  7. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

And so it is done…finally. Just waiting for the paint one the body to dry and then it’s “done” done. That’s a lie…it’s about as done as my GTI.
  8. DrFunkalupicus

CoD Vanguard

Man, I haven't played zombie mode since the first time it was introduced. I messed around with the campaign on this one for a bit and then decided to give MP a whirl...I have been stinking up team deathmatch games ever since. I was going to get BF....but I am going to hold off on it since I...
  9. DrFunkalupicus

CoD Vanguard

Nice! I snagged it up on the PS5. I haven't played MP CoD in years (really don't play too much MP of anything), but I have been playing this at night to blow off steam, and it's pretty damn fun actually. I was thinking about getting the new Battlefield, but I have heard it's pretty...
  10. DrFunkalupicus

RC Car and racing

That really depends on what you want to do. If you are looking for something entry level that is durable and has good parts availablity, you may want to check out something from Traxxas. They have good models, good customer support, and there are tons of hop up parts. Check out the Bandit or the...
  11. DrFunkalupicus

RC Car and racing

Nice! I just got one of those recently. Brushed or brushless?
  12. DrFunkalupicus

RC Cars (Remote Control)

And so it begins again….
  13. DrFunkalupicus

CoD Vanguard

Anyone pick this one up?
  14. DrFunkalupicus

RC Car and racing

I hated NiMh batteries. Those are the reason I started nitro long ago. Electric wasn’t worth the hassle then and nitro was the way to go. Now you can get like 45+ minutes out of a charge. Hell, my little brushless Losi gets about 30 minutes out of little 800mah battery pack. I can put one in the...
  15. DrFunkalupicus

RC Car and racing

Yeah, stuff is way more affordable now it seems. Especially with the batteries. When LiPos started taking off, unless you wanted to pay an arm and a leg, it was easiest to just order the LiPos from Chinese sellers...but the quality could be iffy at times. Now a name brand, good performing LiPo...