GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Gives the kiddies an option to say "Yeah I've got a 'BT' and I'm environmentally conscious!" I guess.

Why it wasn't paired with a better flowing but still catted DP makes me scratch my head...but I also don't know what the California Silliness Compliance rules are.
I'd prefer this type of BT
1704891884114.png

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
On paper my pto is use or loose. The company is small and flexible. I used to sell back a week or two per year but starting last year i used it. I am using all this year including a 5 day Easter wknd and even Super Bowl Monday. Not a sport fan and it'll prob be the 3/4th year where it's the only game I watch. In truth by watching that's often only till halftime. For me my fav part is the National Anthem. Not patriotic but a big music fan and not the half time poptacular extravaganza although sometimes the staging is cool
A company I used to work for would actually let you "buy" a week of vacation; basically you could have 1.8% of your pay withheld each pay period and you got a extra "paid week off". In reality, it was just an unpaid week that you spread across the year, but I always did it because I valued the extra time off (I only got 3 weeks vacation at the time).

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
A company I used to work for would actually let you "buy" a week of vacation; basically you could have 1.8% of your pay withheld each pay period and you got a extra "paid week off". In reality, it was just an unpaid week that you spread across the year, but I always did it because I valued the extra time off (I only got 3 weeks vacation at the time).

That's actually pretty cool. I've got an option for unpaid leave but idk if "hey boss I want to take an unpaid week off" would fly, even with plenty of notice.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
On paper my pto is use or loose. The company is small and flexible. I used to sell back a week or two per year but starting last year i used it. I am using all this year including a 5 day Easter wknd and even Super Bowl Monday. Not a sport fan and it'll prob be the 3/4th year where it's the only game I watch. In truth by watching that's often only till halftime. For me my fav part is the National Anthem. Not patriotic but a big music fan and not the half time poptacular extravaganza although sometimes the staging is cool

Do you guys do plant shut downs?

I rolled over 40 hours and get 118 at the start of the year. I only work 15 days a month and to get a week off only need to use 24 hours PTO so it’s not too bad. I haven’t taken a week off in at least 3-4 years possibly more.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Mine has a similar policy. Only catch is, those days are separate and must be used last, and they don’t roll over

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Then you understeer into a wall when you try to turn? Nope.

Go take a nap, grandma

What's this "turning" you speak of?

Isn't life just a straight line?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^^ yea, ultimately FWD is more fun in many respects. its just more visceral and tailhappy. i only miss snonuts.

1704897145144.png

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
yes to plant shutdowns but Maintenance works those. It's a good time to do projects or work on stuff you normally can't shut down.

Off this Friday going to Mystic Seaport/Museum as there is a glass exhibit we want to see. Hopefully p/up pizza on way home

https://mysticseaport.org/

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Gives the kiddies an option to say "Yeah I've got a 'BT' and I'm environmentally conscious!" I guess.

Why it wasn't paired with a better flowing but still catted DP makes me scratch my head...but I also don't know what the California Silliness Compliance rules are.
There's laws against swapping out a functional cat, even if replacing with an equivalent cat.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Not to jab the hornet's nest, but in what way does the DTR perform worse than stock? I don't have a lot of knowledge about them, but it seemed like the DTR was a fairly attractive option.

Just my opinion, but the DTR is still a fairly attractive option on a stock or stage 1 GTI, considering it's a turbo and tune for $1500.

On a stage 1 R where you already have an IS38, it seems like it kinda looses it's luster, especially considering you need the $2700 version with the fueling upgrades to really take use of it.

Rice can probably articulate it better than me though, since he actually lived it, while I'm just going off what I've read.