GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Drove up to my parents place to finish up my last two projects. First up was the rear valence. I wanted to remove as little material as possible so we spent some time making a template then cut my rear valence to just clear the hitch. It's funny seeing how much larger it is than the tips. After procrastinating on the hitch for almost 5 years I'm very excited to be able to tow my Kompact Kamp on the big island! Next up was the seat project. Since installing the Corbeaus I've been looking for a nice set of A3 sport cloths or GTD estate plaids to come up for my GSW, but I still haven't found the right seat. So to hold me over I decided to swap cheap junkyard GTI plaids onto donor GSW frames to keep functional remote releases. This turned out to be a much larger task than it sounded, and it is not a project for the faint of heart. I'm not completely happy with the results, but they work and are in the car! You will break clips on the 60 split side; there is no way around it. Luckily the parts are available from the dealer, but I made it work for now!

Wagon departs for Hawaii around noon and so my Mk4 will begin daily driver solo car status after its mechanical rebuild! (On an unrelated note V730s are not fun on cindered roads or on snow/ice lol)
View attachment 274958
View attachment 274959
View attachment 274960
View attachment 274961
The Big Island… hope you have lava insurance.

And an upgraded intercooler…. 😏

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Normal human being has 0 chance at that. 0.

uuuuhhhhhh.....totally concur. my mind can't even....

Transmission rebuild? I’m confident you guys could knock it out, the first one I did was 2009ish when I was a teenager with no speciality tools at all (I borrowed a press & mig for welder to make it happen, welding scrap flat stock to the bearing races so a normal hydraulic press would work).

Looking back now I have no desire to do it that way, but it’s “nuts & bolts” theory just like the average turbo or suspension swap yall knock out all the time.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Transmission rebuild? I’m confident you guys could knock it out, the first one I did was 2009ish when I was a teenager with no speciality tools at all (I borrowed a press & mig for welder to make it happen, welding scrap flat stock to the bearing races so a normal hydraulic press would work).

Looking back now I have no desire to do it that way, but it’s “nuts & bolts” theory just like the average turbo or suspension swap yall knock out all the time.
Maybe, but you need a roof, that drill you have and a whole bunch of other shit.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Poops and Bangs

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
peanut butter? lol

-Drove to work this morning and made the mistake of shifting right as I was even with a school bus stop. My GTI made an unusually louder than normal bang, and several kids screamed.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Added some Scirocco parts
Hatch doesn’t open completely by itself but it does come out of the lock.