GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
RS3 was at first my main priority for my next car mainly because its my dream car but from what I've heard from friends here is that comfort isn't all the way there and that the car is "mid". Now I am not so sure how true that is so I am gonna try to test drive an 8V RS3. Everyone around me is pushing me to get an RCF but I really don't what else to think other than to just test drive one and come to a conclusion...
RCF is kinda boring to me

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
General rule of thumb to me is Lexus interiors are dog shit. Since I spent most of my time with my car inside of it, that matters a bunch to me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The LFA interior is an obvious exception. That interior is on point.

Reactions: vu.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
I feel like most of the complaints I've read from 8V owners is just about the exhaust. It's a little more muted and not as poppy crackly on the 8Y. Sounds like the 8Y launches better and corners better. I haven't really seen anyone say the driving experience is worse or that they were uncomfortable. With the changes made to the rear haldex everybody seems to like it more.
Heard the same thing about the 8Y. It's an amazing car and a major upgrade from the 8V! Some are iffy about the dash but I actually love it to be fair lol.

I am not a fan of Lexus's design language. The RC F just doesn't seem like it belongs in that group.

Between the RS3 or the TTRS the deciding factor for me would be number of doors. If you need 4 doors go with the RS3, otherwise the TTRS is there if you only need 2.
RCF is kinda boring to me

It looks okay to me but my bother is that for a V8 in it's class, it has no torque whatsoever and if I wanted to make big power a supercharger from RR is about $10k..

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Heard the same thing about the 8Y. It's an amazing car and a major upgrade from the 8V! Some are iffy about the dash but I actually love it to be fair lol.

It looks okay to me but my bother is that for a V8 in it's class, it has no torque whatsoever and if I wanted to make big power a supercharger from RR is about $10k..
So I will say this about the RC F. A co-worker of mine had and I've gone for a few ride-alongs. On paper it's a fast car but it was underwhelming. That car is just too heavy.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
So I will say this about the RC F. A co-worker of mine had and I've gone for a few ride-alongs. On paper it's a fast car but it was underwhelming. That car is just too heavy.

I can honestly say it could be way better. Lexus haven't changed a thing since it's been release other than a minor facelift

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Need you guys to help me settle a debate I had recently...

I've always used fans at night to cool off the house, fans blowing inward during the night and out during the day. Someone I know things that fans blowing in all day does the same thing plus its constant fresh air..

They're wrong, right?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The only thing I don't like about the 8Y interior is the cupholders. I wish they would have had a sliding door to cover them like my R does. I normally think interiors are just fine and I can either just like them or hate them, but the RS3 interior is so good looking I might like it more than the exterior. It's such a simple thing, but I love the way the AC vents sit on each side of the cluster.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

I've always used fans at night to cool off the house, fans blowing inward during the night and out during the day. Someone I know things that fans blowing in all day does the same thing plus its constant fresh air..

They're wrong, right?
I'm in FL. Keep the damn doors shut, you're letting out the AC.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)

They're wrong, right?

If you have the fan blowing inside the house then it would bring constant air, yes. But not always fresh.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
how well is your house insulated? Mine is rather well insulated, I close it off during the day (windows/shades) open it up in the evening with a cross flow system. It works very well in CT. I do live in the woods which helps.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The only thing I don't like about the 8Y interior is the cupholders. I wish they would have had a sliding door to cover them like my R does. I normally think interiors are just fine and I can either just like them or hate them, but the RS3 interior is so good looking I might like it more than the exterior. It's such a simple thing, but I love the way the AC vents sit on each side of the cluster.
Actually there is 1 other thing...From what I've read the tech package that has the sound system upgrade and also requires a driving assist option ends up eliminates the flat bottom steering wheel. Only the round steering wheels have the tech inside them to get this option working. I either have to give up the tech package or get a zhong zhong wheel later on and do some vagcom disabling.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
What is everyone's thoughts on the TTRS? Within the next couple of months I may trade-in the GTI for either a TTRS, RS3, RCF, or F80 M3.

Top candidates are either the TTRS or RCF as of right now but I don't know what everyone thinks about these cars. I would love to test drive them all and make a conclusion then but with my luck not a single salesman will give me the opportunity.
TTRS helped motivate me to go to college. I’m definitely going to own one!

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Brother, you are sparking a flame in me to get back into pursuing a RS3 again lol.

Every time I've seen one, I would go apeshit because that is my dream car. But I failed listening to other people tell me I shouldn't get the car because they didn't like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.