GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Average City MPG What are you seeing?

GTI_Hakeem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Tornado Red GTI
city i get about 25 or 26

when im in the city im getting like 15 mpg. in the suburbs im getting about 22-25 and on the highway im getting about 27-29. I have 4100 and have yet to do an oil change @ 5000. Why am I getting low mpg compared to you guys I drive like a grandma for the most part, feathering the gas pedal (when trying to be conservative) Will an oil change help??

gonyofam3

Ready to race!
I do roughly 95% city and get around 17 MPG I guess the moral of the story is, "You have to pay to play."

Xoulrath

Passed Driver's Ed
So far, I am getting as low as 19 mpg to as much as 27 mpg, all city, and going by the multimeter in the car.

A bit dissapointing really, as one (among many) of the reasons I traded my Z for the GTI was to get better gas mileage. I averaged about 20 miles per gallon in the Z city, as low as 17.5-18.5 really getting on it, and as much as 22-23 driving easy.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
24.1 MPG overall

I did a search and only found a thread about average MPG while racing.

I have found that it depends on your driving style. (obviously)
but i usually have seen between 27-29 mpg, but tonight i was taking it easy and i (i know your going to call bs) was averaging 32-34 mpg. in the city.

Also here's an interesting article to read if you don't believe me .
http://autos.aol.com/article/hybrid/v2/_a/the-pursuit-of-hypermileage/20071001102409990001

Gee, we have prety much the same car, '06 BMP GTI mt. Possibly we drive on some of the same roads.
I average 24.1 MPG over 20k miles of tracking, doucmented here -- MPG 06 GTI 6mt

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
20mpg city driving. 6 miles round trip to/from work, with 14 stop lights and 4 stop signs total. I usually drive pretty mellow because it's rushhour when I'm driving.

4704 miles on the car, give or take. manual transmission.

Tenacious

Passed Driver's Ed
I keep track of MPG on every tank of fuel. no matter how hard I tried, i've never seen any number above 28 for a full tank. all values are calculated by the actual refill amout, I don't trust the MFD, and the calculations proved that MFD has always been 0.5-1.5 MPG too optimistic.

I can't imagine average 34 MPG in the stop and go type of driving environment.

1vwGTIdriver

22-25 mpg city driving

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I don't know why... but it seems that our gas tanks are small or my right foot is too big.

DoubleA MKV

Passed Driver's Ed
my computer says im gettin 17mpg :burnrubber: then again im driving it like i stole it.. hittin 5k rpms pretty often.. :drool:

Feego

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Fahrenheit #957
In the city i get about 25-26 mpg usually with AC on about 28 mpg without AC.
On the highway i get about 28-29 mpg with AC about 31 mpg without it on.
When I'm racing on the highway I get about 26 mpg without AC on.
When I'm racing in the city then about 21 mpg.

Maximum6

FASTER
I never really use A/C. Only when there are other people in the car then maybe...but still I open the window.

I get 35-40mpg in the city on average.