Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
first 'fast' car i ever rode in was a pontiac G8

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Lol @ fast

That's why it's in parenthesis. Because no matter what kind of car you say, someone will always go "Lol, that car's not fast!". You could say "Damn, I just drove a GT2RS, that thing was FAST!", and someone will chime in going "Lol. You think that's fast? That's not a fast car."

By most accounts, a Z06 is a "fast" car. My GTI with a Vortex in it is a "fast" car. Is it as fast as some 1000hp super car? Hell no. Neither of those are doing a 3s 60 - 130. But are they faster than 98% of the cars you drive past on the road? Sure are...

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
56647BF5-BFC1-4919-9341-3AD3F2E15FF7.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
This reminds me of some documentary i watched years ago about the corvette Le Mans team. I think it was the team owner who was talking about the (new at the time) ceramic brake rotors on the car and how they'll glow bright red but they wouldn't need to be swapped for the entire race. Next scene was 14 hours later and the rotors are glowing red then suddenly as the car is entering a turn, bang, rotor blew up.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In 1966 when I was 18 I bought a 66 Plymouth Fury with the 426 Hemi engine. I thought it was fast and in it's day it was but not by today's standards. My 18 SE would beat it. Of course the GTI isn't stock either.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
This reminds me of some documentary i watched years ago about the corvette Le Mans team. I think it was the team owner who was talking about the (new at the time) ceramic brake rotors on the car and how they'll glow bright red but they wouldn't need to be swapped for the entire race. Next scene was 14 hours later and the rotors are glowing red then suddenly as the car is entering a turn, bang, rotor blew up.
These things are crazy to see up close. Everything is so different than a road car. The alternator is driven off the rear differential.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
In 1966 when I was 18 I bought a 66 Plymouth Fury with the 426 Hemi engine. I thought it was fast and in it's day it was but not by today's standards. My 18 SE would beat it. Of course the GTI isn't stock either.
Kids these days don't appreciate how slow everything used to be 😉

But seriously, the average base engine crossover is faster than a mk2 GTI and a new GTI is faster than most sports cars from 25 years ago. Our sense of "fast" has really gotten warped.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Someone could show up in this

106752898-1603221045733SSC-Tuatara-Record-Motion-jpg.jpeg

And there would be @jay745, "Meh, I've seen faster..."

Status