GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used Car Prices Keep Getting More Shocking

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
But all you said was no, without any real justification. What's wrong with diverting taxes used to fund our occupation of Iraq and Afghan toward making healthcare about the taxpayers and not the insurance company shareholders?

"Do what it takes" -- you can't really think that people don't work and only wait for handouts. I, for one, find it appalling that one of the main discussion topics at my work is how to better retire. And that's young guys talking. Living one's life just to retire is fucking pathetic. Says a lot about the life here.
The working population has earned healthcare and universal pre-k. You know why? Because every single non-vp out there is underpaid by definition (that's how capitalist profits work), and because we are taxed to fund wars and other non-sensical shit. I lose a third of my income because we absolutely need to have several thousand military bases around the globe to exert our power for the sake of... nope, not me or you, but for the military industrial complex, oil magnates, and other scum that feeds off of us. So yeah, I'll take back what I've worked for and what was taken from me. I'll take it in the form of affordable healthcare, universal pre-k, paid sick days, etc.

Why not socialized medicine? Because I don't want a greatly expanded government autocracy to determine my health care. The current system is a mess, for sure. I'm dealing with a whole bunch of crap after an open enrollment insurance change by my employer, and there's no good solution. I get it. But having a government agency, subject to the social priorities of the administration in charge, be making my health care decisions is madness. Look at the IRS. The CDC. The FDA. OSHA. All of them have been politically weaponized by the current administration to push social justice priorities. They will do the same thing for socialized medicine.

There are millions of people in this country who do not work, are capable of working, and take handouts to survive. Maybe not where you live, but definitely where I live. This country was not founded by unmotivated people. The more government intrudes into our lives, the further we all fall off a cliff.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Regarding healthcare costs and socialized medicine financials: Part of the reason we pay higher premiums is that other governments negotiated lower than market value prices from pharmaceutical companies. Americans and insurance companies end up paying higher prices to cover their costs. The investment capital for it exists here, but without a relatively free market, it wouldn’t end up paying off.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why not socialized medicine? Because I don't want a greatly expanded government autocracy to determine my health care. The current system is a mess, for sure. I'm dealing with a whole bunch of crap after an open enrollment insurance change by my employer, and there's no good solution. I get it. But having a government agency, subject to the social priorities of the administration in charge, be making my health care decisions is madness. Look at the IRS. The CDC. The FDA. OSHA. All of them have been politically weaponized by the current administration to push social justice priorities. They will do the same thing for socialized medicine.

There are millions of people in this country who do not work, are capable of working, and take handouts to survive. Maybe not where you live, but definitely where I live. This country was not founded by unmotivated people. The more government intrudes into our lives, the further we all fall off a cliff.

You tell em. Much better to have a corporation that profits from denying care to make those decisions.

You deserve our current health care system.

Reactions: WAP

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

The FDA, for example, gets 45% of its funding from the private sector. In other words -- from corporations. I'm sure the same goes for other agencies, and if not, those agencies are full of corporate lobbyists. So what you call governmemt involvement is actually capital involvement furthered by the government as its tool.

Right now it's private insurance companies dictating us how much we pay and for what. Why would the government doing that be so much worse? Just curious about what the difference is -- getting shafted by large monopolies or the Big Bro.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Regarding healthcare costs and socialized medicine financials: Part of the reason we pay higher premiums is that other governments negotiated lower than market value prices from pharmaceutical companies. Americans and insurance companies end up paying higher prices to cover their costs. The investment capital for it exists here, but without a relatively free market, it wouldn’t end up paying off.

The main reason we pay so much is corporate greed driven by the desire to satisfy insurance company stakeholders. Get every one to pay the "correct premiums," insurance behemoths will not lower their prices.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Car prices... or something

This MF derailed a while ago. Embrace the suck.

It derailed on post #3. We can't have a discussion about anything without @uberdot posting a Biden "I did that!" image as one of the first comments then derailing the entire thread. It shifts the entire conversation from talking about what is happening, to arguing about who is responsible.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's laughable to think we could ever have this level of discussion without battling.

It has nothing to do with what any one individual posts. These discussions always attract the same crowd and a bunch of those dudes already don't like each other. Others specifically arrive only after their Golfmk.X nemesis has dug a hole for themselves and it's time to pile on.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
It derailed on post #3. We can't have a discussion about anything without @uberdot posting a Biden "I did that!" image as one of the first comments then derailing the entire thread. It shifts the entire conversation from talking about what is happening, to arguing about who is responsible.
Make one that says uberdot did that!!! lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's laughable to think we could ever have this level of discussion without battling.

It has nothing to do with what any one individual posts. These discussions always attract the same crowd and a bunch of those dudes already don't like each other. Others specifically arrive only after their Golfmk.X nemesis has dug a hole for themselves and it's time to pile on.

I disagree. There's plenty of posts about things where the conversation stays around "What is happening", and there is a ton of meaningful conversation around it. But as soon as that first stone is thrown about "Whose fault it is", everything just piles on and the entire threads is going off the rails like a crazy train (insert bitchin' guitar riff here...)

cb1111

Have family in/from PR and that’s the truth.
I'm not sure why you posted this, but your statement is wrong.

Aside from the fact that everybody probably has family from wherever you want to be from, you don't have close family in PR. If you had, then you would have started your statement with "I" and you would have left off the "and that's the truth" - you also would have connected your statement to some post.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
+10 scene points for Robert hamburger reference

It definitely wasn't intentional. But dear lord, talk about a throwback. Next you're going to bring up The Best Page in the Universe to go along with some of that Real Ultimate Power...