GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Name me one Republican candidate in California that has run on allowing multi-family zoning into local area not already zoned for it? And that aside, what are you basing your belief upon that multi-family zoning would somehow resolve high housing costs? There are plenty of condos/apartments/multi-family dwellings that are many thousands of dollars a month in rent. How is a homeless person going to afford that? Think about it. Republicans are against public assistance. You know most of the homeless have mental illnesses and are essentially unemployable... nobody wants to higher most of them. So, how does your multi-family zoning suggesting fix any of this?

Unless you're willing to start creating European-style social service type assistance, similar to the stated and/or federal govt just giving people money for housing (Section 8 already does this and does not require multi-family housing), but conservatives oppose all of this. I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, either... what I'm saying is that Republicans like to blame many problems they helped to create, on Democrats.
We get it. To you all Republicans suck. Your worship of the Democratic party is ludicrous.

There hasn't ever been any political party worthy of the praise you heap on the Democrats.

npace

Autocross Champion
Bullshit. An assault rifle isn't a weapon of self defense. You can argue a handgun is a weapon of self defense. There's a reason it's called an "assault" rifle, not a "self defense" rifle...
I missed this, but, three things.

1. Far more people are killed by handguns than "assault rifles" every year in gun violence related deaths.
2. What makes something an "assault rifle" versus a "defense rifle" is how you use it, not what some marketing team branded it to sell product. AR doesn't even stand for Assault Rifle, it stands for Armalite Rifle, as in the company that first produced these.
3. The "assault rifle" nomenclature argument is a logical fallacy designed by the left to get the votes of people who think semi-automatic rifles look scary. They make laws to define what makes an assault rifle, only to expose the fact that they don't know what it is.

Here's an example:

Last edited:

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I thought he left the gun with his friend in Wisconsin, no?
Kyle had his friend straw purchase the gun for him because he knew he was underage. Kyle knew he was 17 when he crossed the border into Wisconsin in order to guard the used car lot. I did not see the testimony regarding how the straw purchased S&W M&P AR15 rifle he used and straw purchased ended up in his hands at a car dealership in Wisconsin, but regardless, he had his friend straw purchase the AR15 in Illinois with Kyle's money. He then ends up with the same gun when he is in Wisconsin. Any way you cut it, he knowingly allowed the weapon to cross state lines, knowing it was illegally purchased, and then carrying it, loaded, in public, knowing he was underage.

I listened to much of the Prosecution's attacks on Kyle. It really seemed the prosecutor didn't understand guns very well... he knew enough, but he kept harping on "full metal jacketed" bullets. Just the way he described the gun and how it shoots suggested he didn't know that much, but, regardless, I also heard Kyle testify that when he bought the AR15 (using his friend to straw buy it) he didn't know much about it. I mean, come on... that's a big purchase for a 17 yr old kid, and he is a wanna-be cop that took pics with his gun, and even had a EOTech-style sighting system on it. I think he was lying about that. This is my argument with AR15s and any other semi-auto rifle that uses "high power ammunition" such as 223, 556, and 762 ammo.... IMO, you should have to be at least 25 yrs old to purchase such a gun. Regardless of my opinion, Kyle still knew he illegally bought that AR15 at the time and he knew he was under 18 when he was running around Kenosha playing police man. He's innocent of murder IMO, but you can't deny that if he wouldn't have illegally taken that gun there in the first place, at least 2 people that died that night would have still been alive.

A friend of Mr. Rittenhouse’s, Dominick Black, was carrying his own semiautomatic rifle in Kenosha that night. Mr. Black testified that he used Mr. Rittenhouse’s money to buy a comparable rifle for him at a hardware store in northern Wisconsin in May 2020, when Mr. Black was 18 but Mr. Rittenhouse was underage. They took target practice together on land owned by Mr. Black’s family, Mr. Black testified.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
We get it. To you all Republicans suck. Your worship of the Democratic party is ludicrous.

There hasn't ever been any political party worthy of the praise you heap on the Democrats.
I don't "worship" any party. That said, I certainly don't support a party that tries to overturn our democracy. How can you or anyone else that votes Republican note acknowledge your party attempted to overturn a democratic election and your main candidate, Trump, committed multiple crimes and still lies to this day about him winning the election and Joe Biden stealing the election. Hate Biden all you want, but he won by over 7 million fuqing votes. Yet, the Republican party still considers Trump, an ex-president that claims he won the last election, the leader of their party. Do you argue Trump is not the current leader and presumptive nominee for President of the 2024 election?

npace

Autocross Champion
Name me one Republican candidate in California that has run on allowing multi-family zoning into local area not already zoned for it? And that aside, what are you basing your belief upon that multi-family zoning would somehow resolve high housing costs? There are plenty of condos/apartments/multi-family dwellings that are many thousands of dollars a month in rent. How is a homeless person going to afford that? Think about it. Republicans are against public assistance. You know most of the homeless have mental illnesses and are essentially unemployable... nobody wants to higher most of them. So, how does your multi-family zoning suggesting fix any of this?

Unless you're willing to start creating European-style social service type assistance, similar to the stated and/or federal govt just giving people money for housing (Section 8 already does this and does not require multi-family housing), but conservatives oppose all of this. I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, either... what I'm saying is that Republicans like to blame many problems they helped to create, on Democrats.
Don't be an idiot. 500 homes (apartments) in an area versus two in an area will drive the cost down, it's simple supply and demand. Once again, this was about Democrat policies causing more poverty and victimizing people, not about what a Republican did. Stop straw-manning, watch the video, and then come back.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I missed this, but, three things.

1. Far more people are killed by handguns than "assault rifles" every year in gun violence related deaths.
2. What makes something an "assault rifle" versus a "defense rifle" is how you use it, not what some marketing team branded it to sell product. AR doesn't even stand for Assault Rifle, it stands for Armalite Rifle, as in the company that first produced these.
3. The "assault rifle" nomenclature argument is a logical fallacy designed by the left to get the votes of people who think semi-automatic rifles look scary. They make laws to define what makes an assault rifle, only to expose the fact that they don't know what it is.

Here's an example:

The NRA and Republicans have tried to tie Democrats up in knots for decades over the definition of an "assault rifle." I mean, come on, this is an old NRA trope. You know damn well what an assault rifle is. Forget about the handgrip, although it is an important distinction. I define it simply... if it's a i) a rifle defined by barrel length, ii) shoots semi automatic or automatic, and iii) uses "high power" ammunition. Now, if you want me to define "high power" ammunition, I'd tell you that a 223 travels about 3,100 FPS. So, let's just say any gun that takes ammunition with a FPS velocity over 2K FPS and meets criteria i and ii that I outlined, above... then it's an "Assault Rifle."

npace

Autocross Champion
I don't "worship" any party. That said, I certainly don't support a party that tries to overturn our democracy. How can you or anyone else that votes Republican note acknowledge your party attempted to overturn a democratic election and your main candidate, Trump, committed multiple crimes and still lies to this day about him winning the election and Joe Biden stealing the election. Hate Biden all you want, but he won by over 7 million fuqing votes. Yet, the Republican party still considers Trump, an ex-president that claims he won the last election, the leader of their party. Do you argue Trump is not the current leader and presumptive nominee for President of the 2024 election?
The Republican Party did not try to overthrow our democracy. Did the Democrat Party try to burn down Walgreen's last summer, or set half of Minneapolis on fire? More logical fallacy. You want to talk about Trump or another person in office, fine, but if you want to start talking about undermining democracy, Dems don't have a better track record. Go down that route and we can start talking about Hillary, Obama, and what really happened with Russian collusion.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Don't be an idiot. 500 homes (apartments) in an area versus two in an area will drive the cost down, it's simple supply and demand. Once again, this was about Democrat policies causing more poverty and victimizing people, not about what a Republican did. Stop straw-manning, watch the video, and then come back.
I'm not being an "idiot," you're being ridiculously reductive as though you have some secret low housing cost recipe that is simply ignorant of real world facts. If it was so easy to do, why has not a single California Republican done it? Yeah, it just a Econ 101 type simpleton theory. Again, there are already multi-family dwellings in plenty of California towns and cities. The reality is that they are extremely expensive as well! Are you kidding me? Are you actually asking the federal govt to start low-income federal housing "projects" like the housing projects that were built in the predominantly African American communities decades ago? Would you like the federal govt to also seize private property via Eminent Domain to build these multi-family houses, as well? Wow, this is rich coming from a self-proclaimed conservative, anti-liberal.

npace

Autocross Champion
The NRA and Republicans have tried to tie Democrats up in knots for decades over the definition of an "assault rifle." I mean, come on, this is an old NRA trope. You know damn well what an assault rifle is. Forget about the handgrip, although it is an important distinction. I define it simply... if it's a i) a rifle defined by barrel length, ii) shoots semi automatic or automatic, and iii) uses "high power" ammunition. Now, if you want me to define "high power" ammunition, I'd tell you that a 223 travels about 3,100 FPS. So, let's just say any gun that takes ammunition with a FPS velocity over 2K FPS and meets criteria i and ii that I outlined, above... then it's an "Assault Rifle."
Sorry, but your dumb definition will still have what you call "assault rifles" out there. You can get high powered ammunition for almost any type of gun, as its a characteristic of the round, not the weapon. And automatics are illegal almost everywhere, with few and specific exemptions. They aren't readily available to people who walk into a sporting goods store.

npace

Autocross Champion
I'm not being an "idiot," you're being ridiculously reductive as though you have some secret low housing cost recipe that is simply ignorant of real world facts. If it was so easy to do, why has not a single California Republican done it? Yeah, it just a Econ 101 type simpleton theory. Again, there are already multi-family dwellings in plenty of California towns and cities. The reality is that they are extremely expensive as well! Are you kidding me? Are you actually asking the federal govt to start low-income federal housing "projects" like the housing projects that were built in the predominantly African American communities decades ago? Would you like the federal govt to also seize private property via Eminent Domain to build these multi-family houses, as well? Wow, this is rich coming from a self-proclaimed conservative, anti-liberal.
Because Republicans don't have a majority and can't pass laws. Watch the video, then come back.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
The Republican Party did not try to overthrow our democracy. Did the Democrat Party try to burn down Walgreen's last summer, or set half of Minneapolis on fire? More logical fallacy. You want to talk about Trump or another person in office, fine, but if you want to start talking about undermining democracy, Dems don't have a better track record. Go down that route and we can start talking about Hillary, Obama, and what really happened with Russian collusion.
Prove to me that anyone in those riots even votes and then we'll talk. The people that tried to overthrow our govt on Jan 6 were both in Congress and standing outside the Capitol holding Trump signs. They sure as hell weren't holding Joe Biden signs now, were they?

npace

Autocross Champion
Prove to me that anyone in those riots even votes and then we'll talk. The people that tried to overthrow our govt on Jan 6 were both in Congress and standing outside the Capitol holding Trump signs. They sure as hell weren't holding Go Brandon signs now, were they?
No comment on the Dems that purposely left out information for a FISA court to spy on the staff of a President-Elect?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
You define it simply...and wrong.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Because Republicans don't have a majority and can't pass laws. Watch the video, then come back.
Republicans have had plenty of majorities. Now they just try to block everything Democrats want to pass. The video was full of ignorant Republican tropes - I watched more than enough of it to figure that out quickly. If you want to cite any of the BS in that video, feel free, but I'm not going to spend over 15 mins watching the damn GOP campaign advertisement.