GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you don't want to give your opinion that's cool.
Trump said in May 2020 that a COVID-19 vaccine could be ready as early as January 2021, and though experts warned that his timeline was incredibly optimistic, people started receiving the vaccine a month earlier than that.
I am not interested in what Trump, as a politician, had said.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Unsprung weight reduction is important, light weight lug nuts will make less difference that any other lightweight measure you can take to reduce unsprung weight, but since you've already done all the other major reductions, go for it. But just because you don't think titanium is brittle doesn't mean it isn't. Brittle fractures of titanium fasteners is a real thing.

I'd rather put that $200 towards fresh rubber or new pads, but you seem set on titanium lug nuts, so go for it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5456638/#:~:text=Brittle fracture is one of,it can cause catastrophic accidents.
Dogecoin paid for new rubber and pads for this season 🤷‍♂️

cb1111

And yeah unsprung weight has a huge advantage. Most chump car teams put all their limited money into reducing unsprung weight before anything else because of the bang for the buck
So right. Most people don't understand the difference between sprung and unsprung weight, but $200 for saving .8lbs a corner is questionable. I don't think that this will provide any advantage.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
But how can you know that? How do you know issues won't pop up in a few years? Isn't that the whole thing you're claiming with the vaccines, that they haven't been around long enough to know of any long term issues with them? Covid hasn't been around much longer than the vaccines, how do you know you won't have 'long covid' issues arising in 3 years?
The people with long covid are not recovering, in the now. They test negative but they still have symptoms.
How do I know I'm ok? I posted the study that says natural immunity lasts YEARS. I beat the virus, and I'm strong as an ox.
Let's be real, covid is a bad cold. People with 3 or more health problems do really bad with it. Everyone else recovers without issue.
The experimental 'vaccine' on the other hand, is not natural, and will probably give you cancer. There are doctors that will argue this both ways.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
And, quite frankly, zricky has no idea of what will happen to HIM in 3 years from having COVID. We also don't know what treatment he reeived.
I will tell you. My treatment involved- lots of water, zinc and vitamin C.
No visits to the hospital, no Regeneron, no ventilator, no nonsense. My OCD wife checked our oxygen sats and they never dropped.
Did it linger for a week or 2, yes. I had a persistent cough that eventually went away.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Remember when I said only naturally recovered can donate plasma for the monoclonal antibody treatment?
Someone said that's not true, Red Cross will take your blood. Yes, they will take your blood.
But they want to know which vaccine you took. And you are still NOT eligible to donate plasma. Just like I said.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus--covid-19--and-blood-donation.html
1621865406311.png

cb1111

Remember when I said only naturally recovered can donate plasma for the monoclonal antibody treatment?
Someone said that's not true, Red Cross will take your blood. Yes, they will take your blood.
But they want to know which vaccine you took. And you are still NOT eligible to donate plasma. Just like I said.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus--covid-19--and-blood-donation.html
View attachment 214627
I guess you conveniently overlooked this

1621868235236.png

The Red cross has been very conservative when it comes to plasma donations following the HIV issues in the 80's. Up until last year, my wife was able to donate plasma, but can't anymore because she had a child 30+ years ago. I can't give blood because I lived in the UK nearly 40 years ago.

Since the ARC is evaluating plasma and COVID now, it seems that they've already decided (just like the FDA) that the plasma from vaccinated people is just fine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

View attachment 214635

The Red cross has been very conservative when it comes to plasma donations following the HIV issues in the 80's. Up until last year, my wife was able to donate plasma, but can't anymore because she had a child 30+ years ago. I can't give blood because I lived in the UK nearly 40 years ago.

Since the ARC is evaluating plasma and COVID now, it seems that they've already decided (just like the FDA) that the plasma from vaccinated people is just fine.

It's almost like he uses reputable sources for his claims, then repeatedly misrepresents what the sources actually say, then claims victory.

He's either a pathological liar or a moron. It's hard to rule out both at this point though.

Reactions: WAP

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
It's almost like he uses reputable sources for his claims, then repeatedly misrepresents what the sources actually say, then claims victory.

He's either a pathological liar or a moron. It's hard to rule out either at this point though.
ftfy

cb1111

He's either a pathological liar or a moron. It's hard to rule out both at this point though.
In his defense (I can't believe I said that), he isn't the brightest bulb in the box and doesn't understand the difference between convalescent plasma and source plasma.

We've already discussed the difference in testing for the antibodies between people who had COVID and those that were vaccinated. Convalescent plasma is used to treat COVID patients and the ARC won't currently draw plasma for convalescent use from people that have been vaccinated, because there haven't been the studies that show that the "vaccine antibodies" work for that purpose.

Investigational COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma; Guidance for Industry (fda.gov)

Source plasma is plasma used for "non-COVID" reasons and there, the ARC doesn't discriminate based on vaccine status (dididothatright?)

As usual, cherry picking from a document will always give you the answer you want.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

View attachment 214635

Technically Zrick is still correct. They are not doing it at this time but are evaluating the feasibility and timeline.

cb1111

Maybe COVID caused even more brain damage.

If, in fact, he only had a cold(like he claims), then he was a lucky fuck - but, as a paramedic married to a doctor, he should know (or his wife should know) that the outcome could have been far worse - regardless of pre-existing conditions.

I personally know someone in their 30's, without pre-existing conditions, not overweight, who ended up on a ventilator and it was touch-and-go for a while. Then there was Nick Cordero who was in hospital for a long time, had limbs amputated and died.

I also know many people who survived without issue (a couple of which I thought wouldn't make it) and a few with underlying conditions that didn't make it.

It really seems a crap shoot - zricky knows it but won't say it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Technically Zrick is still correct. They are not doing it at this time but are evaluating the feasibility and timeline.

Read CB's post above yours. Zrick is not correct in any way.