GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
You must have light wheels but what about lighter 2 piece rotors?
My wheels are 16 pounds and have 2 piece stoptech rotors with the st40 bbk. I've got all lightweight aluminum suspension bits already. Why not. I don't think titanium is brittle at all either. I'll prob order a few extra in car I spin em at the track. I used to have that problem with ball seat lugs and neuspeed wheels but since I switched to a conical wheel I haven't had that issue

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's nothing to read, it's basic physics. You can calculate the difference of weight in different locations in a rotating assembly with basic math. See below. This isn't witch craft or controversial.
Right I would just like to see how much of a difference it makes. Regardless though reducing unsprung weight is advantageous and it's easier to do at the outside.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I am aware of how long different vaccines have taken to develop in the past. Asked for your opinion though. Considering modern day science and technology I'll ask you again:

What do you consider an "adequately long enough time period" for a vaccine to be tested?
Once again: vaccine development time is not a matter of opinion. It is an objectively determined time based on a proper sequence of steps. Obviously, in some cases it may take more time and in others it may take less, depending on the complexity of the task at hand (reference the history of the ebola vaccine development as an example).

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Am I an idiot for considering spending $220 on a set of titanium lugs to save about .8 of a pound unsprung weight per corner?
yes, but the lugs are just another sign. the .8# per corner seems to be an exaggeration from my google search. regulars are 2 oz each = 10 oz per corner that is less than .8# total w/o weighing the replacements

However simple math......your car + your $ = your decision

Unless Mrs Jay is the spoiler
Zrick sure causes you guys to do some googling of his quotes from the sources he quotes.
research.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Unsprung weight reduction is important, light weight lug nuts will make less difference that any other lightweight measure you can take to reduce unsprung weight, but since you've already done all the other major reductions, go for it. But just because you don't think titanium is brittle doesn't mean it isn't. Brittle fractures of titanium fasteners is a real thing.

I'd rather put that $200 towards fresh rubber or new pads, but you seem set on titanium lug nuts, so go for it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...is one of,it can cause catastrophic accidents.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
LiFe4PO battery.....best weight saving....& its off the nose weight, so good for twisty roads..

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
Once again: vaccine development time is not a matter of opinion. It is an objectively determined time based on a proper sequence of steps. Obviously, in some cases it may take more time and in others it may take less, depending on the complexity of the task at hand (reference the history of the ebola vaccine development as an example).
If you don't want to give your opinion that's cool.
Trump said in May 2020 that a COVID-19 vaccine could be ready as early as January 2021, and though experts warned that his timeline was incredibly optimistic, people started receiving the vaccine a month earlier than that.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
Screenshot_20210524-072647~2.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

& when he takes a crap he has to at least remove trousers (commando).....or remove underpants as well.....;)

If he's worried about breathing out air through fabric does he remove his trousers & underpants every time he farts???.....:unsure:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Titanium isn't brittle per se, it is more brittle than the steel used in wheel bolts though.

The big thing with titanium is that it has very high notch sensitivity, so if the lugs are damaged in any way along the threads you must replace them

cb1111

There are a lot of kids and adults that developed myocarditis from Covid 19.

At least in adults, the vaccine hasn't had a large number of cases of myocarditis associated with it.
And, quite frankly, zricky has no idea of what will happen to HIM in 3 years from having COVID. We also don't know what treatment he reeived.