GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$75,000 and a (car) dream...

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I tried talking to Lady Phur about my plan to build a custom rear seat delete several months ago...

Lady Phur: "We didn't spend 24k on that car for you to rip the interior out of it."

Phur: "I mean, it's probably closer to 30k at this point."

Lady Phur: :cautious:
Try explaining to your wife that driving a nail in your motor 6 months into ownership Is a good idea. I thought she was going to puke when she seen me swing the hammer and realized I was serious. that was on the GTI. With the R she was not having it, so no ecs boost tap, had yo do the throttle body spacer. She was at least a little better than the nail, but not by much in her eyes!!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
This and a TTRS Clubsport.
But would need to add some $.

1612324804607.jpeg

https://images.app.goo.gl/AibvLtZHGk12TJW87

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I can relate 😂. My wife tries to add it up all the time

Ssssssshhhhhhhhh

my parents keep telling me to stop. I’m not interested

I tried talking to Lady Phur about my plan to build a custom rear seat delete several months ago...

Lady Phur: "We didn't spend 24k on that car for you to rip the interior out of it."

Phur: "I mean, it's probably closer to 30k at this point."

Lady Phur: :cautious:

Try explaining to your wife that driving a nail in your motor 6 months into ownership Is a good idea. I thought she was going to puke when she seen me swing the hammer and realized I was serious. that was on the GTI. With the R she was not having it, so no ecs boost tap, had yo do the throttle body spacer. She was at least a little better than the nail, but not by much in her eyes!!

I'm glad my wife just leaves me in the garage to do whatever I want, and has absolutely no idea how much I've spent on my car...

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't get the RS6 Avant hype. I think they're hideous, the same way I (sorry guys) feel about the Alltrack/GSW's. I just can't see anything flattering about a wagon.

As far as the original question, it's a hard call. If it was $75k to buy a new daily, a loaded RS3, no questions. If I didn't have to care about practicality, probably a C8 Corvette.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
I don't get the RS6 Avant hype. I think they're hideous, the same way I (sorry guys) feel about the Alltrack/GSW's. I just can't see anything flattering about a wagon.

You either get the long roof life or you don't. Hard to compare the Alltracks to to the pure sex of an RS Avant though. I could see someone not liking an Alltrack, but the Avants are just universally sexy I think.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
V70R...Mmmmmmmmm

Nope, sorry.

Just something about wagons. Think they're some of the ugliest cars on the road.

Personal opinion, of course. All the wagon bros here that have wagons and love them, at the end of the day I'm happy you're happy, because what you drive has no bearing on me whatsoever.