GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Installed Strafe Design v4 Diffuser. Looks great. Total PITA to get it on, only 2 bolts and 2 screws but I got the mechanics curse (big hands/forearms).
IMG_1839.jpg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I see SUV drivers just not even caring about curb rash in the kindergarten pick up line. Driver hears grinding, rolls down window, looks, rolls back up keeps turning into curb nonchalantly.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I see SUV drivers just not even caring about curb rash in the kindergarten pick up line. Driver hears grinding, rolls down window, looks, rolls back up keeps turning into curb nonchalantly.

Let's not single out suv drivers, I've seen multiple mk7 GTI's with more curb rash than I thought possible. (On all 4 wheels to boot)

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Let's not single out suv drivers, I've seen multiple mk7 GTI's with more curb rash than I thought possible. (On all 4 wheels to boot)
Doing that particular maneuver?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
The condition of semi expensive wheels in the FS section here and on Facebook amazes me. Am I the only one who doesn't curb my wheels?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The condition of semi expensive wheels in the FS section here and on Facebook amazes me. Am I the only one who doesn't curb my wheels?

What blows my mind is those same people think those wheels are still worth something lol.

In my mind even a 1/4” of rash means that wheel is worth nothing resale wise, so when someone lists a damaged set and the price doesn’t reflect that its an instant write off for me.

Like if the insurance company would mark it with paint pen after an accident, it needs repaired or replaced period. If they’d pay you out, it needs that restoration to be sold as a usable wheel. Who wants to drive around with someone else’s lazy trophy

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
What blows my mind is those same people think those wheels are still worth something lol.

In my mind even a 1/4” of rash means that wheel is worth nothing resale wise, so when someone lists a damaged set and the price doesn’t reflect that its an instant write off for me.

Like if the insurance company would mark it with paint pen after an accident, it needs repaired or replaced period. If they’d pay you out, it needs that restoration to be sold as a usable wheel. Who wants to drive around with someone else’s lazy trophy
I completely agree. I see too many "totalled" wheels and the seller wants maybe $100 less than the normal asking price. Maybe I'm old-school, but I use my sideview mirrors to park and can parallel park anywhere.
It's from letting the girls drive the car.

Sorry. 🤭

I'll let my fiance drive anytime. But when it comes to parking, she knows she's horrible 🤣

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

I mean, wheel set with tires, wont split set, tires have a lot of meat on them. Wheels have barely any rash, asking for full price of wheels and 1/4 price of tires...

Its always this and noone wants someones slightly curbed wheels and used tires for the price of new wheels and bad tires lol