GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
has anyone found a pad set they like from FCP euro? would be nice to take advantage of their lifetime replacement offerings, I have a second question on wheel fitments, I didn't see these on the list (thanks for that by the way) Rotiform BLQ's 18x8.5 et45, APR 18x8.5 et45 and the stock R Cadiz 19x8 et50,
thanks again for all the assistance, plans are to track the car a few times a year, but looking for a good pad for "spirited" drives on the daily

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-performance-brake-pad-set-ferodo-racing-8j0698151k

Pretty psyched to report that both my summer and winter wheels will fit with room to spare (no spacers required).

They are as follows -

Wheel Brand: eBay
Model: RS6 S line ('style' / knock-offs)
Spacer: 0
Size: 17"x7.5"
ET: 35
Fit: Yes
Notes: Post 797

Man, those are nice for winter. If we end up moving back to the east coast I may have to pick up a set for winter.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
DS2500 is a good pad, but to me, makes no sense in this application. They aren't a great street pad or a great track pad. It's so easy to swap pads, just get a cheap street pad and a true track pad to swap back and forth.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
DS2500 is a good pad, but to me, makes no sense in this application. They aren't a great street pad or a great track pad. It's so easy to swap pads, just get a cheap street pad and a true track pad to swap back and forth.
This. All of this.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
take lots of pics!

RacingBrake seals and dust boots are installed. I did take photos, but don't have time right now to upload. First time rebuilding calipers, and I didn't split the calipers so it took me longer than it would otherwise, but got it done and threw the track pads on. Friday is Road Atlanta assuming I can get an alignment tomorrow. (just installed adjustable front LCA bushings)

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG

True, but being that he said he was looking for something spirited daily drives I didn't want to recommend a ceramic or something like a Hawk DTC or Blue. The DS2500 to me is a good pad that you could run year round if you are looking to canyon blast on the weekends and then do a trackday or two without swapping (especially if you are using FCPs warranty). There are others of course, but its a good choice in my opinion.

Also, FCP doesn't have a good selection of D1001s, so it is what it is if you want to buy from them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
True, but being that he said he was looking for something spirited daily drives I didn't want to recommend a ceramic or something like a Hawk DTC or Blue. The DS2500 to me is a good pad that you could run year round if you are looking to canyon blast on the weekends and then do a trackday or two without swapping (especially if you are using FCPs warranty). There are others of course, but its a good choice in my opinion.

Also, FCP doesn't have a good selection of D1001s, so it is what it is if you want to buy from them.

Gotcha. In that case, I'd agree with the DS2500, but I think he's missing the entire point of the upgrade, though if people just want the bling, I'm all for that too. I think the TTS setup would have been easier for him under those criteria.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-performance-brake-pad-set-ferodo-racing-8j0698151k

Man, those are nice for winter. If we end up moving back to the east coast I may have to pick up a set for winter.

Thanks for the suggestion, you described my want perfectly. "canyon runs on the weekends and an occasional track day or two" after spending about 6 hours researching different pads, then bouncing my findings off of FCP's slim D1001 offerings, I purchased these Stoptech pads ( https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-brake-pad-set-stop-tech-30910010 ) for daily use, this choice was made given the performance reviews I came across, the cost point and that I can get the same Stoptech pads for my rears.

This being said, I still plan on getting an actual set of track pads for those days I will need them. Now to start the search for a track pad. Besides the one suggested on the first post, what others have been tried and liked? My plan is to start attending some of the scca events, if my region even opens back up that is.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
Gotcha. In that case, I'd agree with the DS2500, but I think he's missing the entire point of the upgrade, though if people just want the bling, I'm all for that too. I think the TTS setup would have been easier for him under those criteria.
I realized that too, being able to quick swap is the main reason for this upgrade, the bling, well is just extra.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Thanks for the suggestion, you described my want perfectly. "canyon runs on the weekends and an occasional track day or two" after spending about 6 hours researching different pads, then bouncing my findings off of FCP's slim D1001 offerings, I purchased these Stoptech pads ( https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-brake-pad-set-stop-tech-30910010 ) for daily use, this choice was made given the performance reviews I came across, the cost point and that I can get the same Stoptech pads for my rears.

This being said, I still plan on getting an actual set of track pads for those days I will need them. Now to start the search for a track pad. Besides the one suggested on the first post, what others have been tried and liked? My plan is to start attending some of the scca events, if my region even opens back up that is.

I'm running Raybestos ST-41s. I would have preferred ST-43s, but they were also on back order.

But there's tons of other options, just search for any of the cars that share the same pad. Typically I look up a 2013 Mustang GT with Brembo package, because everybody sells mustang parts.

If you're going to do some real tracking, the stock dust boots will deteriorate. Make sure you pay attention, and replace them as needed.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
If you're going to do some real tracking, the stock dust boots will deteriorate. Make sure you pay attention, and replace them as needed.

I forgot to ask. You used the calipers at the track right? How did the stock seals look when you took them apart to swap to the high temp stuff?

I know the boots are basically a lost cause, but I just wanted to know if I should expedite changing the seals.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
I'm running Raybestos ST-41s. I would have preferred ST-43s, but they were also on back order.

But there's tons of other options, just search for any of the cars that share the same pad. Typically I look up a 2013 Mustang GT with Brembo package, because everybody sells mustang parts.

definitely going to upgrade to the higher temp boots and seals, I saw a link on one of these posts a few pages back. Tonight's job will be disassembly prep for powder coat, first time taking this style of caliper apart, any tips or tricks for this task or is it pretty straight forward?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I forgot to ask. You used the calipers at the track right? How did the stock seals look when you took them apart to swap to the high temp stuff?

I know the boots are basically a lost cause, but I just wanted to know if I should expedite changing the seals.

I'll post pictures, probably tonight or tomorrow. My alignment shop doesn't have an opening until Tuesday, so no Road Atlanta for me tomorrow. Next one is AMP on the 12th.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nice score, I wanted to go that route too, unfortunately, every where I looked had them on back order with no eta.

Was backordered and took three weeks to show up. Got the rotors for $144 a piece, not bad.