GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
^ we see a lot of US news of course. The response seems so much more disjointed there., for obvious reasons. And around 10x our population..that much more of a challenge.

Our health ministers are now saying measures may tighten with further lockdown orders. And that we shouldn’t expect measures to loosen until July at the earliest.

We have no god damn leadership here. Trump says he takes no responsibility for what happens. Then he put Pence in charge, and Pence is saying he's leaving it up to governors and individual states to make their own decisions. Our governor yesterday said he isn't going to order stricter measures unless the white house advises it. It's like we're trying to free market this virus and the whole situation is just ridiculous. By the time anyone gets off their ass and wakes the hell up we're going to be balls deep in this.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
We have no god damn leadership here. Trump says he takes no responsibility for what happens. Then he put Pence in charge, and Pence is saying he's leaving it up to governors and individual states to make their own decisions. Our governor yesterday said he isn't going to order stricter measures unless the white house advises it. It's like we're trying to free market this virus and the whole situation is just ridiculous. By the time anyone gets off their ass and wakes the hell up we're going to be balls deep in this.

While I don't exactly think Trump is doing a great job, I don't think he has any real authority over the states to force them to do anything. Even if he did, I don't exactly see people in my AO subscribing to the recommended guidelines.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
While I don't exactly think Trump is doing a great job, I don't think he has any real authority over the states to force them to do anything. Even if he did, I don't exactly see people in my AO subscribing to the recommended guidelines.

We're still at this standstill because of it. It's not that our governor said he would only order people to stay at home if the white house ordered it, he's just waiting for them to advise it. White house says you guys make the decision, Governor says no I want you guys to make the decision. Just makes me feel like nobody wants to make the call because nobody wants to be held responsible for anything. Nothing can happen if everybody is waiting around for someone else to make the call.

Nothing is really shut down here. Everybody is pretty much still going to work, unless you're a server. There's at least 4 people nearby me here at work right now with coughs. Nobody is staying home from work until it's ordered.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday that he will issue an executive order directing residents in the state to stay at home except for essential services starting at midnight Thursday.
The order will remain in effect for 30 days.
DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order as federal and local pressure mounted for him to abandon the county-by-county approach he had implemented.

There it is. I'll say I am surprised it happened that soon lol

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday that he will issue an executive order directing residents in the state to stay at home except for essential services starting at midnight Thursday.
The order will remain in effect for 30 days.
DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order as federal and local pressure mounted for him to abandon the county-by-county approach he had implemented.

There it is. I'll say I am surprised it happened that soon lol
Soon? Shit that happened to us in IL almost 3 weeks ago.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Soon? Shit that happened to us in IL almost 3 weeks ago.

Yea...still I figured it'd be a couple more weeks before that decision would be made. I don't put much faith into them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Trump's responsibility in all this is the 2 months of misinformation, delaying of testing 2 months, and failure of the federal government to take the lead on supplies. The DOD is sitting on 200 respirators with no direction with where to send them, while we have people dying in NY for lack of supplies. If other cities become overwhelmed, the shit's going to hit the fan. SF seems to be a bright spot in all this. It appears at this point, there efforts to flatten the curve have been successful. Some ofvthese large southern and midwestern cities are in for a rough 6 months due to their denial and lack of early action.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Our Governor is handling this amazingly. He's been strict, clear, and gives hope. He's taken huge steps to help all the small businesses affected. Some people say it's overkill, but we're not short of beds in our hospitals, so I'm good with it.

When asked how he's going to enforce his orders, he said that he can't, but he wants to make clear that it's all our responsibly. A church had service, and he called them out and said it would be a shame if during Christmas service, 20% of the congregation were gone... Killed by the virus.

He's pretty awesome, even if he is a bit corny like Mr Rogers. ?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Some pics/vids surfaced in my area of people gathering at parks etc. They almost immediately sent city employees out and took the rims off of all the basketball goals.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Some pics/vids surfaced in my area of people gathering at parks etc. They almost immediately sent city employees out and took the rims off of all the basketball goals.

Ya, they were showing a huge party on the news last night, somewhere in FL. Cops said if it happens again they'll be arresting people, but I bet they don't want to touch anyone lol

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Trump's responsibility in all this is the 2 months of misinformation, delaying of testing 2 months, and failure of the federal government to take the lead on supplies. The DOD is sitting on 200 respirators with no direction with where to send them, while we have people dying in NY for lack of supplies. If other cities become overwhelmed, the shit's going to hit the fan. SF seems to be a bright spot in all this. It appears at this point, there efforts to flatten the curve have been successful. Some ofvthese large southern and midwestern cities are in for a rough 6 months due to their denial and lack of early action.

Yup, we should have been dealing with this back around the first of the year.

Ya, they were showing a huge party on the news last night, somewhere in FL. Cops said if it happens again they'll be arresting people, but I bet they don't want to touch anyone lol

I'm guessing police want little to do with dispersing crowds and going hands on to arrest people.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm guessing police want little to do with dispersing crowds and going hands on to arrest people.

I don't think I've even seen a single person pulled over in the last couple weeks.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Our Governor is handling this amazingly. He's been strict, clear, and gives hope. He's taken huge steps to help all the small businesses affected. Some people say it's overkill, but we're not short of beds in our hospitals, so I'm good with it.

When asked how he's going to enforce his orders, he said that he can't, but he wants to make clear that it's all our responsibly. A church had service, and he called them out and said it would be a shame if during Christmas service, 20% of the congregation were gone... Killed by the virus.

Yeah, yours has been very good. Ours is his usual idiot self with the world biggest twat as a Lt Gov. Hard to believe I'd ever miss George W.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

That is a good Governor. I think ours is handling it well and trying to keep ahead of the curve. He is already planning overflow areas and places to set up beds because he knows the worst is yet to come.

A coworker told me his church was still doing a service ?‍♂️. He said its normally 300 people and its down to 90 but people were coming from all over the state because they were still having a service.Y'all ain't helping nobody!!!

Covid.JPG