ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
In4updates

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Saturday lunch Nicky D's cheese burger pie, on tater tots instead of fries, add bacon, add grilled onion...
View attachment 164912
Some jalapenos wouldve been nice in there too, not bad though 10/10
Damn that sounds good!
This^
In4updates
Goodmorning
Getting some Ron Swanson vibes.
Big parks and rec fan . Also discovered this show few weeks back called "The Office". Ended up watching all 9 seasons.

torga

Autocross Champion
Big parks and rec fan . Also discovered this show few weeks back called "The Office". Ended up watching all 9 seasons.
Oh yeah, I've heard of that one. One of those sorta underground, "indie" shows, right? lol

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Happy Monday.

Mostly uneventful weekend. Screwed around on the PC, ripping my old DVD-Audio discs and backing them up. Researched how to rip Super Audio CD's and mostly came up empty, unless I want to try to find a used PS3 with a specific firmware version. Ones on eBay that are deliberately advertised with that FW are priced ridiculously.

Went to the Auto Show last night. Figured Sunday evening would have less riff-raff. For the most part was right. Always amazing how many feral children are left to run amok. It's one thing if it's clearly a kid "into cars" (I used to LOVE the auto show as a kid) who wants to sit in something and check it out (you can usually see it in their eyes) but it's another if it's kids deliberately trying to break shit or just climb around. I'm also pretty sure your 2 year old can't tell the difference between a Range Rover and a Kia so why not let you kid with the loaded diaper crawl around the driver's seat of the Kia and let my wife (who has a soft spot for RR's and wants another one after losing her first one in her previous divorce) actually check the car out? (BTW I still think they are overpriced junk.... $100k on the RR and it's still a fucking 4cyl?!)

Stopped by the Lincoln booth to look at the new Navigator #baller and the poor sales dude (cool guy) had to keep kicking this group of kids out who figured out how to CRANK the radio. But man the new Navigator is definitely pretty nice inside.

Discovered the new Yukon Denali will be available with a new 3.0L Diesel starting in 2021. Might make for a nice new replacement Diesel daily when the time comes since the 3500 Dually really doesn't make much sense.

C8 Corvette looks good. Wish one was open (or at least NOT on a turntable so you could get closer and peer into the windows).

Sat in the Toyota Supra. Meh. And cramped AF in there. And even after watching the SavageGeese YT review - I **STILL** fucking hit my head getting in.

Was fun going with my son - now that he's driving, he has a different perspective. His favorite car that he sat in? A Nardo Grey (I assume it was Nardo?) Jetta GLI. :) Stickered at $27k... damn how can you beat that fun-to-dollars value?

Wanted to sit in a Civic Type R but WAAAAY too many kids surrounding it, even at 9pm on a Sunday. Son said "Way too much shit going on with all the fins and stuff". I agree... tho I can't deny the CTR has been getting solid reviews and also seems to be quite a force with SCCA AX circles.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Went to the Auto Show last night. Figured Sunday evening would have less riff-raff. For the most part was right. Always amazing how many feral children are left to run amok. It's one thing if it's clearly a kid "into cars" (I used to LOVE the auto show as a kid) who wants to sit in something and check it out (you can usually see it in their eyes) but it's another if it's kids deliberately trying to break shit or just climb around. I'm also pretty sure your 2 year old can't tell the difference between a Range Rover and a Kia so why not let you kid with the loaded diaper crawl around the driver's seat of the Kia and let my wife (who has a soft spot for RR's and wants another one after losing her first one in her previous divorce) actually check the car out? (BTW I still think they are overpriced junk.... $100k on the RR and it's still a fucking 4cyl?!)

Stopped by the Lincoln booth to look at the new Navigator #baller and the poor sales dude (cool guy) had to keep kicking this group of kids out who figured out how to CRANK the radio. But man the new Navigator is definitely pretty nice inside.

Discovered the new Yukon Denali will be available with a new 3.0L Diesel starting in 2021. Might make for a nice new replacement Diesel daily when the time comes since the 3500 Dually really doesn't make much sense.

C8 Corvette looks good. Wish one was open (or at least NOT on a turntable so you could get closer and peer into the windows).

Sat in the Toyota Supra. Meh. And cramped AF in there. And even after watching the SavageGeese YT review - I **STILL** fucking hit my head getting in.

Was fun going with my son - now that he's driving, he has a different perspective. His favorite car that he sat in? A Nardo Grey (I assume it was Nardo?) Jetta GLI. :) Stickered at $27k... damn how can you beat that fun-to-dollars value?

Wanted to sit in a Civic Type R but WAAAAY too many kids surrounding it, even at 9pm on a Sunday. Son said "Way too much shit going on with all the fins and stuff". I agree... tho I can't deny the CTR has been getting solid reviews and also seems to be quite a force with SCCA AX circles.
My wife and I can’t stand that kind of nonsense. Ain’t no way our kids are going to be allowed to run amuck in public. That’s not to say they don’t have an occasional meltdown if we say no to something. (No means no, but they’re entitled to their feelings.) However, the rules for public behavior do not include running roughshod at a car show. I get needing a break and letting the young kids have some freedom, but that’s what the playground is for. (/RANT)

I’m so torn on the CTR. I want to love it, but why does it have to be so busy? Every time I see one I’m like “oh wow, a type R” followed by “ugh ??‍♂️“.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
My wife and I can’t stand that kind of nonsense. Ain’t no way our kids are going to be allowed to run amuck in public. That’s not to say they don’t have an occasional meltdown if we say no to something. (No means no, but they’re entitled to their feelings.) However, the rules for public behavior do not include running roughshod at a car show. I get needing a break and letting the young kids have some freedom, but that’s what the playground is for. (/RANT)

Yup. Huge pet peeve. Huge.

We never tolerated that shit with ours. There's a time and place. In public, in a place full of adults? Not the time.

Kids will be kids and you can't control their behavior 100% of the time. The key (at least to me, it seems) is the foundation. Be wishy-washy and they run you over.

I’m so torn on the CTR. I want to love it, but why does it have to be so busy? Every time I see one I’m like “oh wow, a type R” followed by “ugh ??‍♂️“.

Yep same here. Kinda the same with the Focus RS. Just a little too... juvenile? Or Anime? I don't know. Cool car and great performance but it's just got too much stuff glued on.

Sanderzzz_

Ready to race!
can confirm value is good. The color is pure gray and was my number one preference but they’re so popular that there were none within 200 miles of me. Love my reflex silver though and I think there may be fewer of those around so not mad at all. GLI is gonna be a beast soon

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Getting some Ron Swanson vibes.
more like i was cleaning out the fridge a bit... loaf of bread had 4 slices and an end left.. 6 eggs from the 18 pack i bought (usually eat 4 at a time)... and then any size package of bacon is a serving size. change my mind.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Yup. Huge pet peeve. Huge.

We never tolerated that shit with ours. There's a time and place. In public, in a place full of adults? Not the time.

Kids will be kids and you can't control their behavior 100% of the time. The key (at least to me, it seems) is the foundation. Be wishy-washy and they run you over.
Nailed it!

Yep same here. Kinda the same with the Focus RS. Just a little too... juvenile? Or Anime? I don't know. Cool car and great performance but it's just got too much stuff glued on.
Nailed this too! It’s the same reason I didn’t want the STI or EVO X when I got our mk6 R. Even modded out, the R draws way less attention. Hell, I get more looks from the JDM folks than other VW owners. Most people just see it as a gray, economy hatchback. :sleep: ....until they hear it.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
more like i was cleaning out the fridge a bit... loaf of bread had 4 slices and an end left.. 6 eggs from the 18 pack i bought (usually eat 4 at a time)... and then any size package of bacon is a serving size. change my mind.
Yup! Plus, bacon gets funky fast once the package is open.

Pam is the worst character in the series. change my mind.
I want to disagree, but I’ve got nothing. ??‍♂️