GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the 2019 GTI use the BUDACK cycle?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I really don’t care, if 0w20 is going to do the job, then I’m fine. I would prefer to have the “best” 0w20 I can get. I’m also changing at 5k instead of 10k. For me, 10 is a lot... too much for lighter oil for me, just imo. It’s why I was asking about the toptec 6200. Which is a real synthetic, vs fake ones OTS from Walmart (some). If it’s going to be lighter weight, ok. However, it’s going to be the best.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
001A86F7-24E9-4844-A38F-9B066474306C.jpeg

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
VW also never seems to give a straight or consistent answer and the DAP guys seem to know what they are talking about. I dealt extensively with a region rep in my buy back and while the guy was nice, I wouldn't be asking him any technical questions.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
VW also never seems to give a straight or consistent answer and the DAP guys seem to know what they are talking about. I dealt extensively with a region rep in my buy back and while the guy was nice, I wouldn't be asking him any technical questions.
Exactly my point, the last time I called a dealer about oil, they had to look it up because they weren’t even aware of the change for 2019

cb1111

I guess it depends on the regional rep. Every rep I've dealt with actually was a techie - if they didn't know the answer then they'd find out.

I wouldn't expect DAP to be able to give me a reliable answer on this.

cb1111

Exactly my point, the last time I called a dealer about oil, they had to look it up because they weren’t even aware of the change for 2019
You'll note I didn't say dealer, I said regional rep. The regional rep works for VW, not the dealer and has the info or the reach back to get the answer.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
You know what’s interesting? IF you’d have read not only what I wrote, but others as well, you’d see that my question was if the oil pump was different from the previous years. I also pointed out that the 2015-2017 was not the same part number, per ECS’ website.

If you also had known wtf you were talking about, you would’ve also noticed that others have taken their cars to dealers with a stalling issue, and thicker oil was added, AGAINST the recommended 0w-20 based on the manual.

of course, you’re obviously more worried about being a know it all jack ass. Read next time.