GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's more my inner purist screaming at me that it has to be a manual but I'd have to drive one. Maybe I could let it go for twin turbo V8 powa.

Did you change your avatar? It threw me off lol

None probably. I more meant that 3000 is the low for cars in general. Type R, GTI, ST. I am impressed if a car comes in under 3000 in general.
No doubt manual is more fun when hooning, other than that on modern day cars its slower, less efficient and a hassle in traffic. Pre like 2005 when manuals were better on gas and faster than their automatic versions it made sense . Dont get me wrong though i wouldnt mind ripping through the gears of a rsx type s with hondata and a raised rev limit , or even better an s2000

If i could afford a porsche gt3 rs or gt4 whatever , 100% would buy it in pdk (edit: not sure if they make them in manual?)

Yes i did change my avatar mid convo lol

I wouldnt mind test driving a FIST speaking of light cars

GolNat

Autocross Champion
No doubt manual is more fun when hooning, other than that on modern day cars its slower, less efficient and a hassle in traffic. Pre like 2005 when manuals were better on gas and faster than their automatic versions it made sense

They are faster but I don't know if that is enough to sway me. DSG GTI is "faster" but I still got a manual because I just love rowing gears. Now with 500HP how much gear rowing are you going to do and if track times is your main focus then auto is hard to beat.

I don't deal with traffic except for a slow moving Amish buggy sometimes.

Dont get me wrong though i wouldnt mind ripping through the gears of a rsx type s with hondata and a raised rev limit , or even better an s2000

S2000 is one of the greatest cars ever made IMO (but I'm a Honda fan boy). Type S RSX is nice too.

S2000 > Miata

Yes i did change my avatar mid convo lol

Okay I'm not going crazy lol. Sometimes I don't even read the name just glance at the avatar.

I wouldnt mind test driving a FIST speaking of light cars

My dad and brother test drove one and said it was a blast. I would like to try one too just to see what the hype is about.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
It's more fun than a Prius! Only slightly
No doubt you’ve made it a better car to drive on the track, but deep down you know you could just go grab a 2005 Cayman S and put sticky tires on it and it’d be a faster car at the track and pretty much a better car in all situations other than Costco runs.

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
It’s a manual trans for me in every situation if given the choice for a sports car. I don’t care about lap time advantages of a dual clutch automatic. I’m not competing for trophies. I care about how the car makes me feel and improving my own personal bests.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
It’s a manual trans for me in every situation if given the choice for a sports car. I don’t care about lap time advantages of a dual clutch automatic. I’m not competing for trophies. I care about how the car makes me feel and improving my own personal bests.
Absolutely. Even in traffic I don't mind it. Both my cars are manual and I sit in over an hour each way stop and go traffic. It's not like it takes that much work to drive with 2 feet instead of one. The crowd that uses the traffic argument as to why auto is better likely also have a difficult time walking and chewing gum at the same time.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
No doubt you’ve made it a better car to drive on the track, but deep down you know you could just go grab a 2005 Cayman S and put sticky tires on it and it’d be a faster car at the track and pretty much a better car in all situations other than Costco runs.
I dunno about that, I think I have an overall better suspension setup than a stock cayman

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Did you change your avatar? It threw me off lol
wait til he changes his avatar to your avatar - that will throw you off even more LOL

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Nostalia yep, i get it

Speaking of fun, Whats the eta on the finished project v8 track car? 5 speed?
They are faster but I don't know if that is enough to sway me. DSG GTI is "faster" but I still got a manual because I just love rowing gears. Now with 500HP how much gear rowing are you going to do and if track times is your main focus then auto is hard to beat.

I don't deal with traffic except for a slow moving Amish buggy sometimes.

S2000 is one of the greatest cars ever made IMO (but I'm a Honda fan boy). Type S RSX is nice too.

S2000 > Miata

Okay I'm not going crazy lol. Sometimes I don't even read the name just glance at the avatar.

My dad and brother test drove one and said it was a blast. I would like to try one too just to see what the hype is about.
Amish buggys lol

Dsg is faster as you said but yeah i had a tercel loaner car that was a blast to drive lmfao...speaking of light cars ,tercel is 2100 lbs lol

And yep agree s2000 was a masterpiece , more so the ap2 with a hardtop

I like the new forum platform, easier to use imo

Fist gotta be fun , pretty much any vehicle around 2600 lbs is a hoot

wait til he changes his avatar to your avatar - that will throw you off even more LOL

Lmfao mah EJ

In4cookoutstill

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I had a tercel loaner car that was a blast to drive lmfao...speaking of light cars ,tercel is 2100 lbs lol

Hell yeah that is light. 2JZ swap that shiz. LS, K series.

And yep agree s2000 was a masterpiece , more so the ap2 with a hardtop

My co-worker has an s2000 with maybe 15k miles on it. It's worth more now then what he paid for it.

I like the new forum platform, easier to use imo

I didn't like it at first but is has grown on me and it is a really great platform.

Fist gotta be fun , pretty much any vehicle around 2600 lbs is a hoot

My Honda Fit was a blast to drive for that reason. I put a set of Tein coilovers in it some sticky summer tires and she was a hoot, just slow. The GTI is fun in a different way.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Good updates, yes'th.

10/10 would like to see Jay in a Cayman some day.

I like MB for certain things, and yeah, those AMG's sound nasty AF.

lol @ when Tun-Boosted changes his avatar to yours, etc. Too funny.

some guy on the Windy City Miata page just bought a new Miata track RF (hardtop) edition, looked great and amazing - then he posted the MSRP of $37K, and I was like lol wut.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Hell yeah that is light. 2JZ swap that shiz. LS, K series.

My co-worker has an s2000 with maybe 15k miles on it. It's worth more now then what he paid for it.

My Honda Fit was a blast to drive for that reason. I put a set of Tein coilovers in it some sticky summer tires and she was a hoot, just slow. The GTI is fun in a different way.

What year S2K? yes, with 15k miles he should legit just sit on it. Unless Honda does something really good with the S2K revival, that car could be worth mad bank in 5-10 years - hell, probably fetch a good amount now.

Re: Fit - didn't those slalom on par with like a Corvette or something at the time? I've always heard they are supposed to handle well. But yeah, sub 3,000lbs def sounds nice.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I heard every time a manual Gti shaves 50 pounds of weight, dsg owners worldwide all shed a single tear because the advantage is gone. Can anyone confirm?

Accurate. "but 100th of a m/s tho...."

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
is this our last MT/DSG debate of 2019?