GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah my Charger has the heated steering wheel, and you can set that to come on with the heated seats on a remote start. Very convenient in the winter, and way better than grabbing a ice cold steering wheel lol.
Auto dimming rear and driver side mirrors too.
And on the opposite end, the cooled seats are very nice in the summer too.

Dumb "luxuries"
Another "luxury" , parking sensors are pretty nice if you like to hug the garage wall for more space etc

You working today?
yeah beef sanguich was pretty good
Well yeah its a beef sammich

Ended up taking off today , stomach been upset ... probably too much Christmas food.
Yeah. Tho I feel like she's lost something the last ~2 Christmas seasons.

Heated steering wheel and cooled seats - two options I was "meh" about until I had a car with them. Can't go without now on the DD.

It was amazing weather the last few days that's for sure. Had the racekar out for a bit today. I also think I may have finally identified my water leak... which is good because the car needs a wicked bath.
Always got ATT girl even though shes off the rocker if youve seen her youtube channel.

Fellow forum member swears by tinting a strip on the windshield too as another luxury, might do that .. you do that to your cars?

Yep, Yesterday with the nice weather saw both someone on a crotch rocket and also a murcielago .

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
tubgirl.jpg

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah my Charger has the heated steering wheel, and you can set that to come on with the heated seats on a remote start. Very convenient in the winter, and way better than grabbing a ice cold steering wheel lol.
Auto dimming rear and driver side mirrors too.
And on the opposite end, the cooled seats are very nice in the summer too.

Dumb "luxuries"

Have these sans cooling seats in the R350, very nice options to have, no doubt.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
2016 Mercedes Benz AMG GT-S. Best used “all around” sports car value available right now. Change my mind.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
2016 Mercedes Benz AMG GT-S. Best used “all around” sports car value available right now. Change my mind.
They make a great automated manual and their amg exhaust notes are quite impressive. As a daily sporty car around town id probably agree... but as a "sports" car its a no for me. Never seen a mercedes at autocross or the track..they are made to be comfy with performance.

A ctsv would be a similiar field choice , i think they depreciated a lot too.

In4cardiscussion, its been awhile

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So just to clarify. I said “all around” and “used sports car value.” So, yes there are better track focused sports cars. And mentioning auto-cross and insinuating those who participate are only using real sports cars kind of discredits your opinion considering there’s miatas and shit there.

As far as looks, that’s subjective.

Yes, not having a manual trans is lame, but that’s what way it goes these days.

As far as weight, 3600 lbs really isn’t that bad. M3’s weigh that.

The huge point I’m trying to make here is the value for money. This car stickers for $120k+. You can now get 2016-17 models for mid $60k with low-ish miles.

500hp 4.0 liter twin turbo V8

dynamic ride

massive brakes

hydraulic steering

low 7 minutes at the Nürburgring. That’s hauling ass for a non R/GT3 type sports car.

This isn’t a track car argument. This is a daily car that wouldn’t suck on a track. I’ll have an LS swapped E36 for the track.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yes that is a good value for money but need manual IMO. It is a good looking car. By today's standards I don't consider 3600 lbs that bad. 3000 is like the benchmark now.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
So just to clarify. I said “all around” and “used sports car value.” So, yes there are better track focused sports cars. And mentioning auto-cross and insinuating those who participate are only using real sports cars kind of discredits your opinion considering there’s miatas and shit there.

As far as looks, that’s subjective.

Yes, not having a manual trans is lame, but that’s what way it goes these days.

As far as weight, 3600 lbs really isn’t that bad. M3’s weigh that.

The huge point I’m trying to make here is the value for money. This car stickers for $120k+. You can now get 2016-17 models for mid $60k with low-ish miles.

500hp 4.0 liter twin turbo V8

dynamic ride

massive brakes

hydraulic steering

low 7 minutes at the Nürburgring. That’s hauling ass for a non R/GT3 type sports car.

This isn’t a track car argument. This is a daily car that wouldn’t suck on a track. I’ll have an LS swapped E36 for the track.
Man am i glad i opened up my laptop and saw this, wouldve taken forever to respond. From 100+wpm to 20 lol

I had a feeling your were going to mention nurburgring , good point there. brakes yeah, dynamic ride also good point tbh

500 hp twin turbo v8 yeah good argument there i forgot about the turbos, the tunes are insane for amg cars.

3600 lbs isnt bad at all, i think a gt mustang is 3700 iirc

I guess after reading your statement, you have changed my mind and i retract my previously suggested ctsv as a viable car vs gts amg. ? ?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yes that is a good value for money but need manual IMO. It is a good looking car. By today's standards I don't consider 3600 lbs that bad. 3000 is like the benchmark now.
Paddles or manual, im open to both when it comes to 500 hp twin turbo v8 power lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Paddles or manual, im open to both when it comes to 500 hp twin turbo v8 power lol

It's more my inner purist screaming at me that it has to be a manual but I'd have to drive one. Maybe I could let it go for twin turbo V8 powa.

Did you change your avatar? It threw me off lol

What modern sports car is 3000 lbs anymore?

None probably. I more meant that 3000 is the low for cars in general. Type R, GTI, ST. I am impressed if a car comes in under 3000 in general.