My 7R is not stock so it goes well around the track... [emoji4]

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

DAS_STIG

Banned
What do you mean by "racing"
Trust me my 7R gives the Porsche guys some headaches [emoji16]
My 7R is not stock so it goes well around the track... [emoji4]

I'm not doubting your R is quick, but against GT3's and GT2 Cups? Is your R gutted/caged/tuned/on non-street legal tires? Guess it also depends how hard the Porsche guys are pushing, but then I wouldn't call it racing unless both parties are giving it nearly their all.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I'm not doubting your R is quick, but against GT3's and GT2 Cups? Is your R gutted/caged/tuned/on non-street legal tires? Guess it also depends how hard the Porsche guys are pushing, but then I wouldn't call it racing unless both parties are giving it nearly their all.
Hmmm... Trackday racing is not a real race!
But stil they came out to me in the pit asking WTF is your car? This was at a closed trackday event with 90% Porsche drivers...
Off course it's all about the driver too....
But stil a prept car can beat a "road" Porsche any time....

Don't understand what's going on here but yes I did race against GT3 and GT2 Cup cars, and passing them... [emoji4] [emoji106]

DAS_STIG

Banned
Hmmm... Trackday racing is not a real race!
But stil they came out to me in the pit asking WTF is your car? This was at a closed trackday event with 90% Porsche drivers...
Off course it's all about the driver too....
But stil a prept car can beat a "road" Porsche any time....

Don't understand what's going on here but yes I did race against GT3 and GT2 Cup cars, and passing them... [emoji4] [emoji106]

Ah well trackday for sure. I kept up with a Carrera 4s last time I was out and I'm basically stock, but I wouldn't call it real racing.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
If anyone could point me in the direction where I can get the calipers for the best price that would be greatly appreciated!

Searching in canada, USA, and Europe and the prices vary so dramatically!

Seems like vagbremtechnic might be the best place to order from, especially with their option for custom color and decal. For anyone who's bought off them, any crazy/surprise duties/taxes when delivered? They use ups.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
If anyone could point me in the direction where I can get the calipers for the best price that would be greatly appreciated!

Searching in canada, USA, and Europe and the prices vary so dramatically!

Seems like vagbremtechnic might be the best place to order from, especially with their option for custom color and decal. For anyone who's bought off them, any crazy/surprise duties/taxes when delivered? They use ups.

I had to pay a $48 import duty when they came. I couldn't find TTRS calipers for less than $590 a piece, so their deal with custom paint was a wash on price.

Ac253189

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently upgraded to the TTS calipers on my 2019 GTI. Hands down one of the best performance oriented upgrades I've done. Bought the kit through DAP and had them installed at Mcilvain Motors in Tempe,AZ.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
I had to pay a $48 import duty when they came. I couldn't find TTRS calipers for less than $590 a piece, so their deal with custom paint was a wash on price.
That's not bad at all on terms of taxes/duties. Hopefully it'll be the same when it gets delivered to Canada here.

After conversion (with custom color and decal) it's coming to like $1600 CAD for both calipers (not including the kit, just the calipers themselves), where wholesale cost at Audi dealership is $1800 CAD PER caliper. You heard that right, PER caliper. So much cheaper from Europe!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
where wholesale cost at Audi dealership is $1800 CAD PER caliper. You heard that right, PER caliper.
I picked up my red TTS calipers for $580cdn/caliper at my local Audi dealership here in BC. I would stay away from any dealer trying to charge you $1800/caliper

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
killerbrakes.com has them listed. i bought some from them, it was like 850 euro shipped and i had nothing to pay once the package arrived
i sold them cause they were red i didn't want red calipers on my R and i traded in my gti before i installed them
I am considering getting black ones from them with the R logo for that stealthy look

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
He's referring to the TTRS calipers, not TTS. Some mod combined all the threads together.....
Oh my bad, but $1800 is ridiculous for even TT-RS calipers.

Last edited:

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
killerbrakes.com has them listed. i bought some from them, it was like 850 euro shipped and i had nothing to pay once the package arrived
i sold them cause they were red i didn't want red calipers on my R and i traded in my gti before i installed them
I am considering getting black ones from them with the R logo for that stealthy look
If those were still available on killerbrakes I'd be all over them but unfortunately sold out :(

Looks like vagbremtechnic gonna be my best bet and just get the full kit instead of trying to piece it together