GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Hamilton steals the win in Baku. He flat-spotted a tire early and had to pit and was looking at a 3rd place finish. Vettel led most of the race and was the winner in waiting, but then Verstappen blocks his teammate Ricciardo causing an accident that wipes them both out and brings out the safety car. Bottas was temporarily in the lead due to an earlier pit stop by Vettel. This was a huge break that should have given Bottas the victory, as he was able to pit under the safety car and stay in the lead. On the restart, Vettel locks up passing Bottas for the lead and skids wide allowing Hamilton by. All Bottas has to do is cruise home for the win, BUT he cuts a tire with two laps left and Hamilton rolls home to the checkers. Helluva race.

Also, Grosjean warm his tires right into the wall under the safety car. lolwtf

Leclerc took him out ?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Was a very interesting race.
Bummed Vettel could not make that move stick but like he said...he HAD to go for it.
Not sure what to think about the Max/Daniel incident.
Also feel pretty bad for Grosjean and Bottas

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'm excited for this one.
Lewis finally has a win so there may be some extra motivation finally.
Seb blew it last race so there may be an effort to regain those lost points.
Red Bull bois will probably be at it again if they qualify close together.
Bottas wiil be Bottas, same as Kimi.

I think it will be interesting.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I just want one last Alonso win before he leaves F1. Winning Spa hopefully helps motivate him more :(

<---LH fan! :)

Max will calm down, don't worry. He's growing up in a sport raced by kids, but run by adults. Give him some time to mature.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I just want one last Alonso win before he leaves F1. Winning Spa hopefully helps motivate him more :(

<---LH fan! :)

Max will calm down, don't worry. He's growing up in a sport raced by kids, but run by adults. Give him some time to mature.

Ah yes I forgot about Alonso's WEC win. Hopefully that will give him some motivation to drive the wheels off (not that he does not have it now but...you know...)

And I don't disagree that Max can and possibly will mature, he just better do it sooner rather than later or he may not have the chance.
I think Red Bull is pretty invested in him though so I really don't see him going anywhere...

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
I think Red Bull is pretty invested in him though so I really don't see him going anywhere...

Agree. If anyone is going anywhere, it'll be Daniel next year. Dunno who would have an opening for him though. All the top teams are pretty locked in on drivers. Unless Kimi gets bored and goes to another racing series again lol

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah I mean really the only 2 places that make sense for him to go are Ferrari (KR's spot) or Mercedes (VB's spot).
Not sure what their contracts are looking like in the near future though. I don't keep up with all of that.
Maybe he stays with RB for another season or 2 and then McLaren actually becomes a top team, and he moves there. Maybe hah.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
5 days till Spain

#hasmaxcrashedyet

Lol

Both Max and Seb. displayed over eager/aggressive racing tendencies at Baku, and it cost them both dearly. I felt bad for Bottas since his only mistake in the race was trusting the stewards cleaned up all the debris.

Spain should be fun given how close things have been so far between the teams.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Lol

Both Max and Seb. displayed over eager/aggressive racing tendencies at Baku, and it cost them both dearly. I felt bad for Bottas since his only mistake in the race was trusting the stewards cleaned up all the debris.

Spain should be fun given how close things have been so far between the teams.

To win you sometimes gotta "go for the gap" as Ayrton once said. But Max's double block on DC was a typical Max move. He's usually all over the place when trying to defend.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Yeah I mean really the only 2 places that make sense for him to go are Ferrari (KR's spot) or Mercedes (VB's spot).
Not sure what their contracts are looking like in the near future though. I don't keep up with all of that.
Maybe he stays with RB for another season or 2 and then McLaren actually becomes a top team, and he moves there. Maybe hah.

Toto already confirmed they're not looking at Daniel for next year. They're spent and lost a lot (Paddy Lowe) to get VB. It was unlikely they'd give up who they got that easily.

Also, memories of having two VERY good drivers still lingers in their mouths. Valteri is the perfect teammate for Lewis. They calm each other down; the least amount of mind games I've seen with any Lewis teammate lol.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That is very true.
I was unaware that they had already stated they were not looking for any new drivers.
But again like I said I don't keep up with all the "behind the scenes" stuff.
Tune in on the weekend and tune out till next time lol

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
That is very true.
I was unaware that they had already stated they were not looking for any new drivers.
But again like I said I don't keep up with all the "behind the scenes" stuff.
Tune in on the weekend and tune out till next time lol

No worries. I try to keep up when I can. And, some of the stuff LH does off-track gets annoying sometimes which causes me to stop reading LOL.

I actually get all my F1 news from an iOS app called Flipboard (also available on Android) where you can actually choose the topics and related magazines (for said topics) that will automatically get curated for you. That said, I rarely even go on the F1 app or formula1.com anymore. Give it a try:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flipboard-news-for-our-time/id358801284?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flipboard.app&hl=en_CA

Last edited: