GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It can hold the weight of the car up safely.....yet you can’t drive over them? I’m taking back my thought about having them imbedded into the ground for the simple fact that you’ll just end up reducing more clearance making them almost pointless if you plan to slide under the car but can you explain why you it can hold the weight of the car but not support driving over them?

I just found it a bit time consuming sliding them around. As mentioned before though, I did like using them but I would still go for traditional jack and jack stands (maybe it just comes to personal preference).

Imo a small 2 post setup would probably be more ideal and run roughly the same amount.

-Martin

It’s just not designed to be run over

https://youtu.be/2ea-5ifRRYI

https://youtu.be/YVZ-CcF0_MY

Last edited:

nate704

Go Kart Champion
It can hold the weight of the car up safely.....yet you can’t drive over them? I’m taking back my thought about having them imbedded into the ground for the simple fact that you’ll just end up reducing more clearance making them almost pointless if you plan to slide under the car but can you explain why you it can hold the weight of the car but not support driving over them?

I just found it a bit time consuming sliding them around. As mentioned before though, I did like using them but I would still go for traditional jack and jack stands (maybe it just comes to personal preference).

Imo a small 2 post setup would probably be more ideal and run roughly the same amount.

-Martin

Decent 2 post setup will be at least 2 times more expensive, and also you need to prep the foundation as well which will cost extra. Also, your garage needs to have higher than normal garage ceiling if you have low ceiling garage like mine.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
QuickJack is ideal for those who do own regular maintenance, such as oil/fluid changes, brake/suspension work, tire change/rotation while trying to save time with much better safety.
If you buy this just for once a year oil change, it's not for you.

Placing 4 jack stands in a tight 2 car garage with my wife's SUV next to it makes too much hassle and unsafe.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Were you trying to prove something with the videos?

-Martin

You sarcastically asked a question and I answered it lol

-yes they’re strong

-don’t run them over

Pete_CFB

Ready to race!
First post... :D

Picked up some mats for my new CFB Rabbit. Had a set of Maxpider in a WRX previously and loved them. After some digging, the ones for the A3 had reviews on fitting properly so I got a set.

Perfect fit! And will stay there until this crappy snow we still have all melts.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just got mine in too. Same kit I think. Haven't even opened box. Blasphemous, I know.

Would like to know if they fit behind your Audi wheels. Mine are very similar 18x8 et46. Have the template but been to lazy to take a wheel off and check.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just got mine in too. Same kit I think. Haven't even opened box. Blasphemous, I know.

Would like to know if they fit behind your Audi wheels. Mine are very similar 18x8 et46. Have the template but been to lazy to take a wheel off and check.

I didn’t check either lol, just gotta install them if I need a bigger spacer I’ll leave the car on the quick jack till they arrive.

Currently running a 5-10ish mm spacer up front, I got them used and can’t remember exactly what size they are

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I didn’t check either lol, just gotta install them if I need a bigger spacer I’ll leave the car on the quick jack till they arrive.

Currently running a 5-10ish mm spacer up front, I got them used and can’t remember exactly what size they are

Someone posted that St40 will fit with Austin wheels which are 18x7.5 ET49 with a 10mm spacer.

So I figured an 18x8 ET46 should fit without spacer.

You having 5mm spacer should be fine. I'd rather not put one of if I don't have to.

I guess the only way I'll know is use the template, because don't want to install and realize I need a spacer. It's my dd so can't have any downtime with it. Granted I'm just going to have a shop do it and they probably have spacers.

I do have a question. Since these come with braided lines, did that necessitate changing the rears to braided lines? Will balance or feel change if I don't?