GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I'm going to be installing the ECS pendulum mount tomorrow morning before taking out my Golf-R for a spin. I'm going to try the ECS mount and remove the 034 dogbone as the 034 dogbone alone was not giving me enough solid feel especially after the Cobb AP install.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I didn't get them today but I got to try them out today. It's nice not having to worry about where to put the jack stands
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey thx138- On your jack stands did you just use the standard pads that the stands came with or did you get the pads listed for VW? I ask because on my Golf-R there's just the pinch weld and really no area towards the center of the car at the jack points where most cars have a bump to place the weight of the car on..

I was thinking about getting the Honda one (also for pinch weld but wider) as well for my J-Cars.

Thanks.

thx138

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey thx138- On your jack stands did you just use the standard pads that the stands came with or did you get the pads listed for VW? I ask because on my Golf-R there's just the pinch weld and really no area towards the center of the car at the jack points where most cars have a bump to place the weight of the car on..

I was thinking about getting the Honda one (also for pinch weld but wider) as well for my J-Cars.

Thanks.

I got the standard ones for the pinch welds, look around online when I ordered mine I found a 10% code for their site. I looked at my invoice, the code is DELTA10

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I got the standard ones for the pinch welds, look around online when I ordered mine I found a 10% code for their site. I looked at my invoice, the code is DELTA10

Thanks very much! I'm going to get a set too.

This is cool. I won't have to drive my car onto a step just to get my low profile hydraulic to reach the cross member on the front.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I've had it for a while, but just now getting it out to try. I think I love it! Inside it has a patch of plaid that matches the seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Goodies

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lower insert, sorry.

Installed both the upper and lower inserts today. I turned on the car, shifted into 1st (I drive my DSG in M exclusively), let go of the brake a little and felt this buzzing vibration pass through the car. At first I thought what on earth is going on. Then I started driving. Noticeable vibrations at speeds up to 15mph. I feeд like I'm driving something with 700hp under the hood at very low speeds.
At higher speeds the vibrations feel very stock. I cannot say they feel stronger than before. Well, maybe 10% stronger, max. Vibrations during acceleration are a little amplified, but not a lot.

Now about the good stuff.
Gear shifts are super seamless. Before I would feel 1st to 2nd very well. Same would go for 2nd to 3rd. Now I cannot feel them at all. Interestingly, I can hear very slightly the shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I cannot feel any slop. I think this combo feels much better performance wise than when I had just the lower insert.

I'll see if it breaks in a bit and the vibrations decrease. If not, I'll have to think whether to keep the combo or try something else.