Lec

GTI Purist In Training.
Car(s)
08' GTI, (on order)
Whats the invoice on the Votex kit?:iono:

97C280

Stage 2
bump.

I just came back from looking at GTI's. And I was wondering if the dealer usually sell for invoice pricing?

I saw a BM 2DR GTI and the pricing was about 25,000$. It had the 18" Huf's and Sunroof. I calculated the invoice pricing w/ taxes and it came out about the same price the dealer was selling it for. Do you think I can take it OTD with that price? Is it a good deal?

Last edited:

97C280

Stage 2
Can anyone link me to a thread where people tell you how much they paid for their GTI? I can't seem to find one.

Steve973

Fukengruven
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
That's a 2007, and keep in mind that a demo is going to have more miles on it than you'd like. So you have some good bargaining power at your disposal, so use it wisely! If it's manual, you should not pay more than $20,914, and if it's DSG, you should not pay more than $21,965. Both of these figures include the $640 destination charge. This is the dealer's cost for the car, and it's below invoice pricing. The dealer should be ready to sell this car at cost because it's a demo and it's last year's model year. Make sure that you *do not* allow them to charge you any extra fees over these prices! Sometimes they will tell you that they have no choice, and that they must charge these fees, but you should insist that they roll the fees into the price that you quote them so you don't have to pay the fees in addition to the price that you quote. Of course, they're going to want to know how you know what their cost is, but if you're firm with the pricing and insist that your figure is non-negotiable, you should be ok.

Debo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
That's a 2007, and keep in mind that a demo is going to have more miles on it than you'd like. So you have some good bargaining power at your disposal, so use it wisely! If it's manual, you should not pay more than $20,914, and if it's DSG, you should not pay more than $21,965. Both of these figures include the $640 destination charge. This is the dealer's cost for the car, and it's below invoice pricing. The dealer should be ready to sell this car at cost because it's a demo and it's last year's model year. Make sure that you *do not* allow them to charge you any extra fees over these prices! Sometimes they will tell you that they have no choice, and that they must charge these fees, but you should insist that they roll the fees into the price that you quote them so you don't have to pay the fees in addition to the price that you quote. Of course, they're going to want to know how you know what their cost is, but if you're firm with the pricing and insist that your figure is non-negotiable, you should be ok.

21k out the door or i am out the door. how does that sound?

jfree

need opinion?

2008, 4dr GTI, silver, autobahn package, 18" hufs, DSG.

After a day of negotiation:

final price is $27,557 which includes destination and invoice fees. That does not include sales tax and license.

I feel this is a good deal, but know far less than all of you. I go in to sign papers on Thursday, and want to maike sure I am right on this..

Help?

Steve973

Fukengruven
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
What is an "invoice fee"? Be very very wary of fees. The only fees that are ever acceptable are a destination fee ($640 on a GTI) and a $99 processing fee. I like to give 4% profit to the dealer on a GTI, which would bring your car up to $27,278.25, including destination but not including tax, tags, and reg. At your price, you're not getting ripped off, but you had better be sure that any fees other than tax & tags are included in that price or, better yet, eliminated.