GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$40k stock Acura Integra Type R

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Its for all the fan boys..

There was a kid growing up and you wanted Type R but had no money and had to buy a beat up Civic.. Now that kid became a lawyer with all kinds of money. He is going to buy that car just so he can have it in his garage (just like previous owner).

I mean if you have Ford GT and NSX, do you NEED Type R for any other reason than "Just cause I wanna!" ?

If I get rich I would love to get a mint original GTI and E30 M3..... just because.
Just read this. EXACTLY who my friend is...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
If there was an FRS type R equivalent then you might have an argument. Type R would eat it alive on track, pure and simple. The car is definitely a collector and will continue to go up. I would drive the thing all the time and kill it's value, but that's just me.

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
Some collector may pony up for it out of nostalgia. My only point is if you're looking for a philosophically similar car today, you can buy a lightly used FR-S for $20k less. And it'll have advantages such as a stiffer chassis, RWD, modern equipment and safety, and more hp/torque.

People will continue to buy into the legend of the Type R, but it was really just a lightened/stripped GS-R with 25 more hp, LSD, shorter gearing, lower/stiffer suspension, certain reinforcements to the chassis, and sticky tires.

If you want to talk laptimes:

Hockenheim short
- Toyobaru on RE050A - 1:19
- ITR on RE010 - 1:21

Nurburging
- ITR on RE010 - 8:43
- Toyobaru on RE050A - 8:44

The RE010 is a stickier tire than the RE050A. It's more comparable to the original Z1 Star Specs.

This will be my last post on the subject as a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion.

This car is 18 years old with 10k miles on it, no one who buys it will be looking to make it a dd or hit the track constantly.

Those differences you listed are a lot and make a difference with track time, guess you would tell me you could do those times with your GSR.

Hope you realize that you are also comparing 18year old technology to a new car with comparable times.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
If there was an FRS type R equivalent then you might have an argument. Type R would eat it alive on track, pure and simple.

Funny thing is all I've done is post facts like hp & torque numbers and lap times. If you have anything that contradicts those facts, happy to hear them. But simple statements like Type R would eat an FR-S alive on the track don't really cut it when I've already posted the lap times.

Hope you realize that you are also comparing 18year old technology to a new car with comparable times.

Hah you were the one who brought up the laptimes, guessing the Type-R would be faster "any given day". I just set the record straight.

Alright I'm done here. Nothing more to be said.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Ok on different sticky tires they are within one sec. Stock for stock the prius tires are the loser. I would argue the ITR has a usable back seat and trunk where the fubaru does not. Either way time will tell which one is a collectible.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ok on different sticky tires they are within one sec. Stock for stock the prius tires are the loser. I would argue the ITR has a usable back seat and trunk where the fubaru does not. Either way time will tell which one is a collectible.

I actually agree with everything you said there. The Toyobaru probably won't be a collector car like the Type-R. The trunk sucks compared with the DC2 hatch. And it's only on comparable tires that they set similar lap times.

But that was my point all along. The FR-S is basically the modern RWD ITR. If you're not a collector or Honda fanboy, you're far better off saving 20 grand and getting a slightly used FR-S.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
It means a lot more than some guy "pushing" his car on the street and pretending like he knows what he's talking about.

You mentioned you "rode in a FRS". I take it that means you've never owned or even driven one at the track.

And your experience with the DC2 Integra? Ever owned or tracked one of those?

Let's hear exactly what your experience is with these cars.

I'm pretending to know what I'm talking about? LOL That's just too funny man. I don't care to own or drive a crappy FRS. Riding in one is enough to let me know it's CHEAP and WORTHLESS. My experience with a DC2...I drove ITRs, GSRs, RS/GS'. Even though I have never owned a ITR, I've worked on B18C5's along with other Honda engines....D-series single SOHC and B-series DOHC & DOHC VTEC. I've owned cars that have more horsepower than both your FRS and GTI combined. Built the motor and put together the turbo setup myself without having someone else work on the car for me. The only car I have not taken to the drag strip is the GTI I currently have. I could CARE LESS about "tracking" it.

Is that enough experience for you. BTW, I do my own oil changes, too. :bellyroll:

The FR-S is basically the modern RWD ITR. <------ haha. You should be a comedian.

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
No. But at least now I know your experience (or lack thereof) with both cars, especially driving them at the track. Thanks.

:clap: driving on the track. Anyways, I'm done arguing with an idiot so I will let you be. When you do decide to work on your own cars, let me know. I can give you some pointers.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
:clap: driving on the track. Anyways, I'm done arguing with an idiot so I will let you be. When you do decide to work on your own cars, let me know. I can give you some pointers.

LOL. I already work on my own cars. You're not special there snowflake. :laugh: But keep trying to talk about cars you've never owned or tracked. It's quite amusing.

DerSock

Ready to race!
Ermagerd so much nerd rage! Thanks for an entertaining read :lol:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Original MSRP: ~$23,000.00 (1997).
Final Auction Price: $43,000.00 (2015)

Who would have thought a Honda would be worth $20k more 18 years later?!

I will credit Honda, their engineers did come up with one bad ass engine for it's displacement.

" The engine sets about scaling its 195-horsepower peak at 8000 rpm with alacrity. Yes, that's almost 200 hp from a 1797cc engine, which works out to a specific output of 108.5 horses per liter. "
- Barry Winfield of Car & Driver

A car like that would not last 5 minutes parked in the street. Who ever buys this better keep it securely garaged lol

Lol, truth.

Last edited:

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
LOL. I already work on my own cars. You're not special there snowflake. :laugh: But keep trying to talk about cars you've never owned or tracked. It's quite amusing.

He might not have driven/tracked the BR-Z and ITR to compare, but I have.

Stock vs stock: No comparison. The ITR will blow the doors off a BR-Z/FR-S stock vs stock. If you don't like this comparison because the FT86 twins came with awful Prius tires stock, take that complaint to someone who actually has the blame for it:
http://www.subaru.com/customer-support.html

RE010's: They were sticky at the time, but they're still 18 year old tires and they don't compare to modern tires at all. I would know. I drove a Type R with them. They were quite sticky though.

Also, another person with a lot more experience, who actually owns both now, disagrees with you as well-
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=906716&postcount=27
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=907020&postcount=32

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=378490&postcount=105

You've never owned a Type R and if you ever did, you wouldn't dare compare a GSR to it. It's not just a trim upgrade. The Integra Type R was built from the ground up completely differently than the GSR. The FT86 is a modern day, RWD GSR. It's a far cry from a modern day ITR. There is no modern day ITR and if there were, it would have summer tires stock and not get beat to the quarter mile by a Toyota Camry.