GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Even with the continuously vaginal trans?

that trans is the best "auto" i have ever driven. people need to get over their predetermined stereotypes. 10X smoother than my DSG, and just as fast.

this is 1000 miles different than a nissan CVT which was a joke in a rental i had.

way faster take off response than my DSG. not even a comparison. DSG pauses for at least a second. The Subaru goes hard with 1mm throttle change. its like it has a throttle cable.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
only like 13 grand (including my down) to borrow this car for 3 years? i can't get over that. normally i lose that much on a car in 1 year.

and my car loan debt on credit report went from $16k on the CX5 down to $11k on the XT now.

in the long far away future, we might revisit Chargers in a year or something. Maybe I will be in the green with the GTI by then, but I doubt it. but this Subaru thing might catch on, I might get stuck on it for a few years.

PS, my LHG t-shirt arrives today. Skreened website kind of sucks, it takes way too long.. I ordered it on Feb 4th. It is out for delivery today Feb 20. Thats a pretty long time to wait for a shirt. 16 days.

Havent sold any btw. Then again, i didn't expect to. Maybe wearing one in a video might get me 1 or 2 sales of my most dedicated folowers.

Dude, rock on. That's awesome. I'm actually quite jealous.

The best part is, you like the Forester so much that when you get bored with the GTI, you can swap with your wife for a few days until you miss the GTI again. That's a dream scenario right there.

If you love the Forester after a year and wanted to replace the GTI I'd go WRX over the charger. The dash is identical but better seats and gauges, could go manual if you want, probably get close to the lease figures you have on your Forester. You'd have two sweet cars for a little more than what you were looking at for the payment on a scat pack

Dis.

that trans is the best "auto" i have ever driven. people need to get over their predetermined stereotypes. 10X smoother than my DSG, and just as fast.

The new CVT really is not bad at all. It might be a "CVT" but it doesn't really drive like one.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
This, i dont know how i'll be impressed by the throttle response, luckily they sell the manual version too iirc. Ive driven an altima cvt and it was awful, if i owned it, id probably want to crash into a tree to get the most fun :laugh:

Old CVTs were terrible, especially from Nissan. The progress that's been made on them is immense.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
still waiting for that check for $10,000 too... although $2000 is gone to that down payment and another $2000 gone to my taxes this year. so in the end, $6000 into the bank.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

this is 1000 miles different than a nissan CVT which was a joke in a rental i had.

way faster take off response than my DSG. not even a comparison. DSG pauses for at least a second. The Subaru goes hard with 1mm throttle change. its like it has a throttle cable.

DSG is kind of shitty in a handful of situations.

I hate how it feels when slowing down... you can feel every downshift and you can't decelerate in a linear fashion.

You can't abruptly get on the gas either from a light, gotta roll on the throttle.

That's the price you pay for super quick shifts.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
DSG is kind of shitty in a handful of situations.

I hate how it feels when slowing down... you can feel every downshift and you can decelerate in a linear fashion.

You can't abruptly get on the gas either from a light, gotta roll on the throttle.

That's the price you pay for super quick shifts.

yup. every single time i have to "race" someone from a light. meaning take off quick to make a lane change ahead, they ALWAYS get 1 car ahead from a stop before my DSG starts connecting properly. wouldn't have that problem in my CVT.

Statement of the year. If I were getting a WRX I would strongly consider the CVT.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
and forget that $141 shift boot. A change from 2014 to 2015 was they added a shift boot, its not exposed anymore. looks killer.

can't even find 1 Subaru accessory to buy. this car came with everything, bumper protector.. weather mats..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
MY WIFE JUST SENT ME A TEXT

"OMG that car drives so much better than the stupid Mazda"

told ya.

"Way more spacious in the back for the kids."

The kids feet would touch the back of the CX5 seats.. In this car, they have over 6" gap so they can't reach the seats.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
and forget that $141 shift boot. A change from 2014 to 2015 was they added a shift boot, its not exposed anymore. looks killer.

can't even find 1 Subaru accessory to buy. this car came with everything, bumper protector.. weather mats..

Why do you have to buy anything for it? Car is a day old and a lease ... just enjoy it...

err Nm :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my wife hasnt been this excited about a car since she got her dream car, the 2006 jeep 9 years ago.

did i mention the REAR seats can recline?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Plac, you sound genuinely excited about this car.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Plac, you sound genuinely excited about this car.

i have butterflys of excitment that only my wrangler going topless could bring. i havent felt this way about a car for a long time... so many years wasted NOT driving a Subaru. but in all fairness, Subarus only got good in the last couple years.

i am dying to run home right now and make videos about it. but i have to work a job like normal fucktards...

i will mention one big flaw in my upcoming video. and you guys get the sneak peek statement. you cannot download your phone book. the stereo center doesnt even HAVE a phone button. so you can only manually program a phone number and then assign a name label and preset to it. that is the only weakness in the entertainment sector. its the same setup as a 2nd gen Xterra for anyone that knows.

to call someone, you would press the phone button on the steering wheel. then press the dial button on the steering wheel. then press "1" on the stereo for the #1 preset phone number. but the wife doesnt care about that at all anyway. neither do i. i havent got a phone call in my car for weeks.