GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting rid of my MK6 to buy an R32 (not the VW kind either)

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
Aaah, good ol' Florida. One of the only states where you could register a loaf of bread if it had wheels.

OP, the issue I believe isn't working on these cars. It's the acquisition of parts at an affordable rate. I hear parts are expensive...Nevertheless, I would love nothing more than to pickup a skyline.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
there's one local to me. his car is going to be in fast and furious 7. pretty cool the first time you see it, but meh after a while. i never see him drive it, race it, get on it, anything really. just kind of see it parked and eventually it loses my interest.

on the other hand, last weekend i saw an R34 at import alliance. apparently 1 of 10 or so that are legal in the us. it was magnificent. not sure i could get tired of looking at it ever.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Jealous. I've been thinking of doing the same thing. The only legit ones that were here before being 25 years old are the motorex imported cars (they have a DOT and EPA bond release). Otherwise they are not legit unless imported under show or display which is extremely (EXTREMELY) rare. This car has been an obession of mine for years... OP we better see some pics when you get it!

I wonder if you were to wait if they would get cheaper once a bunch of R32's make it to the US. They go for like 3k in japan, lol.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
^^Exactly^^ Right now I'm looking at picking up a low mileage Nismo for a little under 25k, but GT-Rs can be had for 15k easily. But I figure if I'm going through all the bullshit to get one mind as well go all out! Parts arn't really too bad for the R32, they share a lot of parts with the 300zs(the whole damn tranny!) and 240s.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Little update, found two potential buyers for my GTI and also went to Rivsu imports to talk about buying an R32. They have a nismo coming into the states next summer right in my price range! Putting the down payment on it first thing next year! Fucking stoaked!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Are buying Mk4 or Mk5 R32?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Any reason why you wouldnt aim for an R34?

You have to worry about getting the car seized by the government..

Is the R32 over 25 years old?

Krog29

Ready to race!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Okay, so it'll be legal here. I'm guessing that there will be a ridiculous amount of government-customs import paperwork to go along with all of this. That being said, it's going to be an amazing experience to own one of these rare JDM cars. Different from anything else..

You are going to have to get used to right hand drive. :D

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Funny thing is that mans GT-R wasn't really legal, it's not just the year that matters but also the production month of the car, he technically shouldn't have brought his over until august but by the time the Feds realized it, it was July lol. He got to keep it.

Started talking to them about a Nismo with a june1990 production date. Really interested in it, chassis number is 557 out of 560!