Which Corvette will Chris buy?!?!

• C5

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • C6

Votes: 25 67.6%

• Total voters

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I must be in the minority. I don't really like the darker grays on corvettes. Silver, red, blue, black... Corvettes look awesome in those colors.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
I like the red/tan and mag wheels.

I'm sick and tired of the coolguy internet trend these days to paint everything matte gray and walk around with your head down depressed about everything while never wearing or doing anything that expresses anything at all - except of course for calling people tasteless for having any taste at all, that is fully expected and encouraged!

Colors are OK. Gloss is OK.

Around Southern California the most egregious example of this is the C63 in Matte with black wheels piloted by some trustfunder flatbrim brah. So somebody else buys you the most high performance Mercedes Benz short of something nutty like an SLS....and you MATTE the finish. Good god man.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
W00t! You do you, homie. A base C5 is on the boring side of awesome, but the mod plan sounds tremendous. I patiently await your progress.

I like the idea of manfernoing your calipers suggested earlier. That would be purty. I'm going to do my wagon's brakes in polestar blue.

Around Southern California the most egregious example of this is the C63 in Matte with black wheels piloted by some trustfunder flatbrim brah. So somebody else buys you the most high performance Mercedes Benz short of something nutty like an SLS....and you MATTE the finish. Good god man.

True fact. Around here, nearly every AMG G/GL/ML/C/CL/CLS/E/S/SL6# is matte painted with black rims. It's exciting to see an AMG car with gloss paint or silver wheels. Both = unicorn.

19 year old USC undergrad bro in my building has a matte red SL63. Every morning I fight the urge to scribble all over it in chalk.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the c5 man! I knew you would choose it over the c6. From following your other thread I knew car payments and super low miles wasn't your style :p.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The best thing about that picture is, you can't tell if it was taken in 2003 or just yesterday.

Thankfully, the anniversary badge, helps narrow the gap.. otherwise, you'd be thinking anywhere from 1997 till now.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
:clap:

Spiral gray actually looks good, especially with the curves of the C5. That color has some dynamics/depth to it that make it not boring. I bet it's really sharp at night too.

The silver that came on my car, on the other hand, was rental car boring.

Yea, Spiral Gray looks amazingly deep/dynamic. It's a complex color, and I really like that. Silver's a no-go. WAY too boring.

Trufus.

Dem ramz, doe, on Spiral Gray.

My thoughts exactly.

I must be in the minority. I don't really like the darker grays on corvettes. Silver, red, blue, black... Corvettes look awesome in those colors.

Blue was my favorite, until I saw Spiral Gray. It's rare, understated, yet looks awesome. Red and silver are way too common, and I hate black...even though it looks insane.

So true. Screw that.

W00t! You do you, homie. A base C5 is on the boring side of awesome, but the mod plan sounds tremendous. I patiently await your progress.

Thanks, breh. :thumbup:

I like the idea of manfernoing your calipers suggested earlier. That would be purty. I'm going to do my wagon's brakes in polestar blue.

Here's the G2 Orange color...

Yea, that probably needs to happen. I wonder if I could sand off the raised Corvette letters on the calipers for an Orange/brushed metal look?

True fact. Around here, nearly every AMG G/GL/ML/C/CL/CLS/E/S/SL6# is matte painted with black rims. It's exciting to see an AMG car with gloss paint or silver wheels. Both = unicorn.

19 year old USC undergrad bro in my building has a matte red SL63. Every morning I fight the urge to scribble all over it in chalk.

Garbage.

Congrats on the c5 man! I knew you would choose it over the c6. From following your other thread I knew car payments and super low miles wasn't your style :p.

Thanks!

Yea, huge car payments just aren't my thing. Plus, I really think I'll enjoy the C5 immensely.

I found this when looking for Spiral Gray cars. What is it with Corvette owners? :laugh:

The best thing about that picture is, you can't tell if it was taken in 2003 or just yesterday.

Thankfully, the anniversary badge, helps narrow the gap.. otherwise, you'd be thinking anywhere from 1997 till now.

Well, Spiral Gray was only on 03-04 cars, sooo it can't be older than 11 years old, even if the badge wasn't there. :iono:

That is Chris's car from the meet today.

Ok, maybe not. But it's another 2003 spiral gray with fog lights and bsm's - just pretend their shirts say Detroit.

:laugh:

Someone put Z06 ramz on a Spiral Gray car...

Yea, that probably needs to happen. He also added the brake ducts. I wonder how much those do for brake cooling (assuming he even made them functional).

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
If you plan on keeping the Vette detailed, maybe get the calipers powder coated with a closer orange to the inferno?

I bought a can of the G2 orange and a can of the green to do my FiST calipers. I couldn't decide what color to do in the first two months of ownership and am now in a once-per-three-months washing routine, so they'll stay raw silver. Now the G2 supply lives in a box with the high temp wrinkle black I never used on my evo's intake piping and the blue I never painted my Bronco's engine block with when I had it out to replace the rear main seal. :lol:

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I don't know how detailed I'll keep the Vette, but I really don't want to bother with powder coating. I just don't care that much. I'd like to cover up the grungy looking calipers, and G2 should do just fine for a fraction of the price. I like the G2 orange color, and I think it would look decent with SG. Though, I'm also tempted to just go with black because I'm boring and like the subtle look.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DAYUM.. dat spiral gray knowledge, doe.

G2 > powdercoating, hands down.