GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, this is the only one within a 3 hour drive - another one was recently listed 4 hours away with no pictures and that's it. The next closest one is 10 hours away and also has no pictures.

It's not like we're talking base Civics here, nobody bought R3's so nobody has a used one for sale.

The shitty thing is I think I might actually like the car from the little bit I got to see/feel. It has "enough" power and the seats are perfection.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Yeah, this is the only one within a 3 hour drive - another one was recently listed 4 hours away with no pictures and that's it. The next closest one is 10 hours away and also has no pictures.

It's not like we're talking base Civics here, nobody bought R3's so nobody has a used one for sale.

The shitty thing is I think I might actually like the car from the little bit I got to see/feel. It has "enough" power and the seats are perfection.

Yea, R3's a hard time to find. Dem Recaros are straight money.

New chevy dealer that's part of a group of other dealers in the area, they had a nice '13 Z51 yellow vette sitting inside but definitely no C7's to be seen. Lots of Silverados and some random rental car type shit like every other Chevy dealer out here.

I was afraid you'd say that. I was hoping it was a Toyota dealer or something...

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Whats crazy, and now I realize how rare it is, was that when I test drove the C6GS, the dude just threw me the keys and said "you two have fun" (my wife was with me). They were asking nearly 4 times what that RX-8 was worth. I kicked the hell out of those tires, and it really made me appreciate the car as a result. I also negotiated the deal of a lifetime and walked away ZFG. Glad I did, the C5 was still a better buy.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Wow, that's some lame shit, I would be pissed. That reminds me of an Armenian salesman I test drove a 370z with, he was also an epic pansy, and then freaked out when I wouldn't talk numbers with him.

i remember this story long ago in a thread regarding test driving cars that have no intention buying it, that he drove his car to block your car :laugh:

my experience with the mk7 was cool though, near the dealer theres a highway that has a ramp and sales guy tells me to take that corner at 60 mph, i actually talked to the sales guy before because when i was getting my mk6 serviced, i was in lounge waiting and tells me about mk7 arrival and performance pack when mk7's are about to be released, etc.

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Whats crazy, and now I realize how rare it is, was that when I test drove the C6GS, the dude just threw me the keys and said "you two have fun" (my wife was with me). They were asking nearly 4 times what that RX-8 was worth. I kicked the hell out of those tires, and it really made me appreciate the car as a result. I also negotiated the deal of a lifetime and walked away ZFG. Glad I did, the C5 was still a better buy.

Apparently nicer cars are more likely to get allowed decent test drives.

I got a great test drive of my Z06 and have had great test drives of 2 different Audi TT's and 2 different S4's (one of which was a brand new loaded $63k car that I beat the crap out of).

All of the $25k or less cars I've tried though? The sales people act like they're made of glass.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

My 2013 GTI was the same deal, the salesman gave me the keys and told me to have a good time. I ended up keeping it.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I had the same experience with my MKV, and ended up with it. I tested an e90 M3 (used) and the dude rode with me but kept encouraging me to push it.

Then I tried to test a new (then) BRZ, and was informed that the only way I could test it was to commit to buying it. WUT? I told them I just drove an M3 worth double what the BRZ was, and they tried to explain that it's just "policy". Whatever. That soured me on Subi to this day.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Wow, excellent memory. :laugh:

well a week ago, when i was reading something about test drive, this story popped in my head, so it kinda stayed on me.:laugh:

I hope the wrx I'm gonna test drive would be just as good. I've heard you can't take test drives on subaru's?

The local ford dealer i feel is a bit shady, my dad took his expedition for inspection and oil change, dealer called when it was "done" to say car is ready and they didn't do inspection :laugh: So i don't know how i feel testing the ecoboost stang there, i can always go to carmax to try the previous GT.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Link to RXH8 internet ad?

http://www.raypricemazda.com/used/Mazda/2009-Mazda-RX-8-f137a9340a0a00e04528e7617acd0718.htm

Notice how they conveniently don't take any shots with the Lambo doors open or mention it in the description and the conveniently only take a close up shot of 1 tire so you can't tell that they're all mismatched. Fucking SCUM.

The lambo doors were so shitty that they took 8+ attempts to get them to close all the way and the struts were blown so they wouldn't stay open. The door cards were also only attached at the top and were flopping at the bottom - the jackass that installed the hinges probably broke off half of the clips.

You'd think something like that would be worth picturing or mentioning, but no... "The car is as pictured"

Yes, technically a true statement but fucking EVIL.

SCUM.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
My 2013 GTI was the same deal, the salesman gave me the keys and told me to have a good time. I ended up keeping it.

I had the same experience with my MKV, and ended up with it. I tested an e90 M3 (used) and the dude rode with me but kept encouraging me to push it.

Then I tried to test a new (then) BRZ, and was informed that the only way I could test it was to commit to buying it. WUT? I told them I just drove an M3 worth double what the BRZ was, and they tried to explain that it's just "policy". Whatever. That soured me on Subi to this day.

Same with the mk7, the one i test drove was exactly as equipped as the one i have but white.

Well i better like the WRX then, i feel like I do.
edit: plac test drove a subaru and i don't think dealer make him committed it, i guess it varies by dealer.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

I've never been allowed to test drive a new Subaru WRX or STI, they said it was their policy to not allow it, but that "I should buy one anyways because they're sure I'll love it." :rolleyes:

I've tried more than a couple times and in different states.

well a week ago, when i was reading something about test drive, this story popped in my head, so it kinda stayed on me.:laugh:

I hope the wrx I'm gonna test drive would be just as good. I've heard you can't take test drives on subaru's?

The local ford dealer i feel is a bit shady, my dad took his expedition for inspection and oil change, dealer called when it was "done" to say car is ready and they didn't do inspection :laugh: So i don't know how i feel testing the ecoboost stang there, i can always go to carmax to try the previous GT.

Lol.

I was told Subaru doesn't offer test drives on the WRX/STI because their owners are very particular about picking up a new one with no miles (or close to) on the odo. That's part of the reason I didn't consider a 2015 WRX over my GTI, I would never ever buy a car without driving it first.

I vote for a GT over an ecoboost, but that depends on how important gas mileage is to you/how far you commute.