GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New WRX revealed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The STI... if under 40k would be killer... but most likely some kind of maddening mark up doe...

I can't imagine anything in the STI that would be a must have over this car...
As opposed to better brakes perhaps.

This looks like it has a lot of upgrades already that made the STI a better buy before.

in Cali.. yes, you most likely will see markup. Out here.. we usually see just MSRP only for a while.

Brakes, power, possibly handling.. hard to say.. not much info, or even rumors out there really.

Agreed.. with the WRX having a 6spd now.. the STI would have to do something much more out there than just the BBK option.. either a true DSG style trans(doubtful), or just a significant boost to 320-330hp, or some other tricks perhaps (different AWD system, the locking diff, etc)

Badge whores will buy it regardless.

hahah.. I don't think I've EVER heard an STI buyer referred to as a "badge whore", but sure ;)

Signed,

Audi Badge Whore

Well I am just trying to think of what they would do to the STI to make it stand out...

They don't have another motor in the parts bin... unless they make a 2.5 DI specifically for the STI with 320hp
6 speed is probably same
Better torque distribution/diff control
LSD?! out back?
Better brakes
even more aggressive seats?!

I suppose that would be a great package right thur

there ya go!!^^^

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
My biggest gripe is the roofline, which probably wouldn't be an issue if this was a 5 door hatch.

Doesn't the Subaru fan base prefer wagons? I just don't get why Subaru would do this. Are they trying to gain more mass appeal? I don't think it'll happen. It's too bubbly and the competition has gotten very sleek. Plus the casual car consumer will be looking at things like mileage. This car's mileage is lame.

these looked pretty cool as sedans. Wtf happened?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
One does not buy a subaru for looks :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My biggest gripe is the roofline, which probably wouldn't be an issue if this was a 5 door hatch.

Doesn't the Subaru fan base prefer wagons? I just don't get why Subaru would do this. Are they trying to gain more mass appeal? I don't think it'll happen. It's too bubbly and the competition has gotten very sleek. Plus the casual car consumer will be looking at things like mileage. This car's mileage is lame.

these looked pretty cool as sedans. Wtf happened?

The true "base" is probably all my age and older now (30's and up), and many don't drive Subaru's anymore, lol ... many do like wagons, sure. But sales numbers are... sales numbers. If they have data showing the sedan is killing the hatch, they will just do the sedan. Perhaps we'll see a turn like last time where it was one body style for a few years only, then they offered both again, who knows... but just like with anything, they have to do what makes the most business sense.

I don't think the mpg is that bad for TRUE/REAL AWD and 265hp.. 21/28.. I don't think that's that bad at all. Is it great? no. is it good... about. It's.. "fair"/ decent" for what it does,imho.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Honestly I really like hatchbacks but I just don't like the WRX hatch. I absolutely HATE the taillights they look like an aftermarket knock off.

Yuck.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That's one of the easiest fixes known to man.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That's one of the easiest fixes known to man.

yep... SEVERAL different ways you can have it look too, SEVERAL combos... all black, some black/black outline, all red, some red/red outline, only the corners red, dark inserts with red outsides (above^), blah blah blah.. this was not an issue for the faithful!!! :laugh::thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
DAT sti ass doe... fak I am still kicking myself for not buying that car back in 08 when they were dirt cheap...

But premium at that point was $4.95 a gallon and sub 20mpg average... And I was driving 20k miles a year. Damn you financial responsibility.

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
DAT sti ass doe... fak I am still kicking myself for not buying that car back in 08 when they were dirt cheap...

But premium at that point was $4.95 a gallon and sub 20mpg average... And I was driving 20k miles a year. Damn you financial responsibility.

My buddy with a tuned tdi and I both kick ourselves daily when we see stis everywhere here in Orange County. Love our cars, but damn what we'd do to be in a rumble box would scare some people haha

Shadow blue

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
Grand Subaru! ILLINOIS!! I've bought there.

yeah, many people do a lamin-x or paint them, etc.

Here was my '08:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-memb...is-r-kw-v3s-damd-wheel-evo-x-mr-bbs-rims.html

I don't know why, but looking at those pictures made me wonder what the '15 would look like with one of those (ricey) rear window spoilers. Or whatever they're called.

Like one of these deals..

..on this.

I don't know. Might look rice... Just curious. Trying to help dat ass out.

EDIT: just noticed the shark fin. Probably won't work.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
yep... SEVERAL different ways you can have it look too, SEVERAL combos... all black, some black/black outline, all red, some red/red outline, only the corners red, dark inserts with red outsides (above^), blah blah blah.. this was not an issue for the faithful!!! :laugh::thumbsup:

Oh... wow.... I like that a lot.....

Maybe I should have gotten a WRX wagon instead of the V8.

No. Maybe, but no.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
The California market has a huge raging boner for anything Subaru craps out. Make a performance model, and the flat-brimmed hat wearing brahs will use mommy and daddy's trust fund money to overpay for the bastards for years. You could get a great deal on a wrecked one that a Ken Block OMGYMKAHHHNENAAAAA wannabe drifted off a cliff, but finding one that isn't completely fucked up is a challenge, but there'll be many to chose from.

In other normal parts of the country, these cars will be relatively easy to get.

Here on Long Island we see few performance-oriented Subarus like the STI, but we have loads of outbacks/legacies with 7+ political bumper stickers...

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I'm kind of curious how this got to 26 pages, but not curious enough to go back and check. I like the new seats, and the interior/front exterior isn't that bad. It's those rear lines that throw it all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.