GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zimmerman found not guilty, it's about to get real

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, but if you are a Criminal, it doesn't matter if CC state or not... Criminals Don't follow LAWS... That is why NO One in this State announces their CC. It is an Automatic Death Sentance handed to you by the criminals who are packing much more powerful items than you can imagine would fit in your pocket...

right, but what if he wasn't a criminal? he just looked.. sketchy? then what? who ultimately has the better ground to stand on? that's why I say its like the wild wild west...

So, get your head out of the clouds, come back to the ground, and use Logic. You are on your own, no one around, you see someone looking into your neighbors homes in the middle of the night dressed in dark clothing and it is RAINING, you won't be able to Clearly tell if they are black, white, hispanic, or a One Eyed Flying Purple People Eater...

You call the cops, get the info needed (since obviously the Dispatch didn't ask UNTIL After GZ said he lost sight of him, let me get a street name he went down) so the cops can be on their way.

I am using logic. But moreso, I am using what both a reasonable and prudent person/citizen AND gun owner would do.

I would have listened to dispatch. I would have ID' myself. I would have announced I was armed, either when ID"ing or during the altercation.

The thing we SHOULD be pondering is where were the cops, and why didn't Dispatch just send someone there since there were a recent string of Violent Break Ins??? Why did she have to WAIT till GZ say YES, then and only Then did she start to dispatch, and then it was too late, GZ got jumped, and had to use Deadly force to get out alive.

yes, we've agreed on the lack of police response.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Dude look at those two sources, especially the AtlasShrugged one. Pamela Geller, the dumbass wingnut who writes that cesspool AtlasShrugged is a known hatemonger and she peddled the theory that "Obama is the love child of Malcolm X" :laugh:

At least it isn't just Americans who don't evaluate their sources when citing it to support their arguments :laugh:

were they wrong? Please show me proof he didn't actually tutor black kids then you can refute my sources all you want :paddle:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
were they wrong? Please show me proof he didn't actually tutor black kids then you can refute my sources all you want :paddle:

Can you prove to me they weren't wrong by not citing batshit crazy blogs run by far-right kooks?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Please explain what this has to do with the case? Its funny, you want to talk about Zimmermans past (that was when he was 20 or 21 btw) but TMs past doesn't matter? Talk about a double standard to prove your point:thumbsup:

Prior issues which may show current intent/or reason for action vs prior drug usuage is not the same. But good try tho.

With what proof?
- he followed him, he didn't ID, he didn't announce he was carrying, he didn't seem to do a lot of things. That is all proof.

A couple years back there were a couple kids breaking into cars in my neighborhood. It wouldn't have mattered if a black, white, Hispanic or an Asian kid was roaming around alone at night people would watch them including myself. Does that make me a racist? No, it means I don't want some "punk" braking into my car and causing damage. My GF left my car unlocked one night and this kid ended up taking a couple bucks in change a some CDs I had in the car. Luckily he didn't break anything.

nope. did you guys call the cops? did they tell you what to do or not do? did you wait for them to arrive? or did you set out on foot?

If there were no recent break ins and GZ had no reason to suspect something was wrong then maybe he would have let it go. There was a history which justified watching him regardless of race.

I can see that.

To me that sounds a lot more believable then pulling the race card, especially when GZ has shown he was nothing close to racist.
<< uhhh, not really. when all your calls are on black people, and he has been noted as making racial comments in the workplace, I would not say he is nowhere close to it..

Also did it ever occur to you GZ was trying to catch TM in the act of doing something so he would get caught and possibly arrested instead of just being told to get lost by a random person?

occur to me, and what happened/what is fact are two different things.

That kid in my neighborhood ended up getting caught because there was a guy in his garage and he saw the kid coming up to his car and didn't do anything until the kid broke into the car. He then called the cops and the kid was eventually found hiding in our park.

ok, and was he carrying a gun? did he go outside his house? did the police say he didn't need to do anything, but still did? these are false equivalencies.

I think GZ was trying to sneak about catching TM in the act of doing something when he ended up catching a left hook from him instead.

agreed

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Prior issues which may show current intent/or reason for action vs prior drug usuage is not the same. But good try tho.

Then why doesn't TM past mean anything? Everyone talks about GZ past but like to ignore that TM was a known trouble maker. good try tho.

- he followed him, he didn't ID, he didn't announce he was carrying, he didn't seem to do a lot of things. That is all proof.

Yes, because he was trying to catch him in the act, that's what I think anyways. If he yelled out, "hey kid, what are you up to" then if that person was going to do something bad he wouldn't and therefore wouldn't get in trouble. If GZ sneaks around catches him in the act the kid gets in trouble.

nope. did you guys call the cops? did they tell you what to do or not do? did you wait for them to arrive? or did you set out on foot?

Yes because calling the cops for a couple bucks and a couple CDs is going to do anything? I never caught the guy in the act and I don't think they would be sending out the crime unit to dust for finger prints. Also this happened in the middle of the night, I didn't notice until the next morning.

<< uhhh, not really. when all your calls are on black people, and he has been noted as making racial comments in the workplace, I would not say he is nowhere close to it..

Whose to say the crimes he witnessed weren't all committed by black people? Can't use that as an argument if you can't confirm that. What I can confirm is that he tutored and mentored black kids which shows he's not racist. Apparently he also opened an insurance company with a black guy as well.

What is the facts to prove your point then? Remember facts only. That means leave ALL race cards out of it because no one can use that as a fact.

ok, and was he carrying a gun? did he go outside his house? did the police say he didn't need to do anything, but still did? these are false equivalencies.

I live in Canada, we don't go around carrying guns. Maybe if your laws were a bit more like ours this issue wouldn't have happened. I think that bickering about this case is useless when its clearly Florida's laws that enabled all this to happen. I personally think its time this whole gun happy defend yourself at all cost mind set needs to go. I know some people want to change the law to you can only use deadly force if you tried to avoid the situation in every way possible. That I can agree with!

I also just want to say that I don't condone what GZ did in any way BUT under Florida law I don't get how anyone can convict him of a crime. He didn't start the fight, he may have been following TM but he didn't start the fight. TM could have easily ran away or called the cops himself if he feared someone was following him. People protesting should be protesting against Florida and their laws not against GZ.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion

Kid was kicked out of School for robbery of Jewelry and having burglary tools, had known and documented gang activity

you don't do that in Central Florida, too many variables, and it is safer to just stay quiet

If you have a known issue with Authority not doing their job in your area, you are extra vigilant in what goes on, so you fly a little lower on the radar to make sure they don't know or see you if you are keeping an eye on things. we all know SPD has response time issues

I can see that.

I'm sure if you ask anyone in your workplace that doesn't LIKE you, they will say the same thing about you and your "comments", and when everytime suspicious activity is going on and you call the cops, and it happens to be a black person, that isn't racist, that is just one for the par

agreed

added some responses... still finding gaping holes in your arguements...

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Well, anyways, I'm off of work here in 15, and gotta head to a meeting afterwards, I'll see you all in here tomorrow (if it isn't locked by then)

SRT2GTI

Banned
Well, anyways, I'm off of work here in 15, and gotta head to a meeting afterwards, I'll see you all in here tomorrow (if it isn't locked by then)

Tomorrow, we'll be discussing who will win a fight; a grizzly bear or silverback gorilla.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Tomorrow, we'll be discussing who will win a fight; a grizzly bear or silverback gorilla.

Whats there to discuss? Everyone knows the gorilla would win 10/10 times :laugh:

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion

Have you not seen how Apes and Monkeys fight??? The Silverback will rip of the Grizzly's Face and then throw poo in his now faceless form!

Talk about insult to injury! :eek:

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
he didn't announce he was carrying, he didn't seem to do a lot of things. That is all proof.

read most of these pages, but not sure if im missing something or if youre actually serious... why would anyone announce they are CC'ing? that sounds like the stupidest thing to do unless dealing with a police officer... if i'm approached by someone im gonna do anything i need to to not fight as it is, threatening them is absolutely not the path to go down.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I also just want to say that I don't condone what GZ did in any way BUT under Florida law I don't get how anyone can convict him of a crime. He didn't start the fight, he may have been following TM but he didn't start the fight. TM could have easily ran away or called the cops himself if he feared someone was following him. People protesting should be protesting against Florida and their laws not against GZ.

I live in Canada, we don't go around carrying guns. Maybe if your laws were a bit more like ours this issue wouldn't have happened. I think that bickering about this case is useless when its clearly Florida's laws that enabled all this to happen. I personally think its time this whole gun happy defend yourself at all cost mind set needs to go. I know some people want to change the law to you can only use deadly force if you tried to avoid the situation in every way possible. That I can agree with!

^^ smartest stuff you've said so far!! ;) Agreed!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
read most of these pages, but not sure if im missing something or if youre actually serious... why would anyone announce they are CC'ing? that sounds like the stupidest thing to do unless dealing with a police officer... if i'm approached by someone im gonna do anything i need to to not fight as it is, threatening them is absolutely not the path to go down.

so, you let them engage you, beat you, then shoot them? got it. wait- i read that wrong.

Yes, by announcing, "I am neighborhood watch, I am armed - please ID yourself or leave immediately", doesn't necessarily mean that war begins, esp with a teenager. He proably woulda run like Forest Gump.

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Gun sounds like typical rich kid with a sheltered life. You keep going on and on about how he should have announced himself and any cop would have announced themselves or anybody responsibly carrying. Who the hell are you to say what every other person would have done. Bottom line he got attacked and defended himself with deadly force after getting his head bashed against the ground and then being told your going to die tonight. Fuck yea I would have shot that guy and if you wouldn't have then there would be no reason for you to ever carry. Oh wait wait you said you would have pushed him off then ran away and announced you had a gun and called the cops. Give me a break have you ever been in a fight? A real fuckin fight? You can't sit there and tell how you would have played a fight out. If you want to think you are all high and mighty and uber responsible go ahead bro but don't spit that shit in public and actually believe that you know for sure GZ was a racist and was 100% in the wrong with his actions from the time he laid eyes on TM. Life in a place where crime real crime is different from where I am sure you grew up.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie