GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MotorTrend CLA First Drive: GTI owners will graduate into CLA

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I just priced mine out with "must haves" = 40k

Heated seats, HIDs, Sport Package, Pano Roof, Multi Media, Premium 1.

Those silly "drivers assistance" options are outrageously priced.

Just did mine ...

Premium
Sport
Bi Xenon
Leather
Metallic color
~37,700
I suppose that's in line with Golf R... with nav it'll lick 40 but you get the badge.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just did mine ...

Premium
Sport
Bi Xenon
Leather
Metallic color
~37,700
I suppose that's in line with Golf R... with nav it'll lick 40 but you get the badge.

sounded cool^, until I got into the details...

low hp
fwd
therefore too expensive.. no thanks ;)

Automatic car that looks like a cockroach. Sorry, Motor Trend, not feeling that at all.

MB doesn't do MT's here... for like.. ever. if you're lucky, paddle shifters.

This car will sell tho, no doubt about it.

And yes, a bigger emblem is needed.. maybe on on the roof, so its visible from space....

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
This car will sell very well. May be MB's bread and butter car. Common folk don't care about what wheels driving what and how quick it is. They just want brand for buck to impress their neighbors.

I suspect my office garage will be full of these soon.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
This car will sell very well. May be MB's bread and butter car. Common folk don't care about what wheels driving what and how quick it is. They just want brand for buck to impress their neighbors.

I suspect my office garage will be full of these soon.

exactly, exactly, exactly.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Base gli is $25k and change(dsg). Base cla is $30k and change.....

Very comparable but IMO the merc is worth $5k more and is the better value.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
if someone is smart, you wait and pick one of these (the $37k-ish version) up as a CPO a year or two later for like $30K... and profit.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
if someone is smart, you wait and pick one of these (the $37k-ish version) up as a CPO a year or two later for like $30K... and profit.

This plan is full of win

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

Good plan with any Euro when you option it out. I thought about doing that but there were no 2 year old cars available that I wanted.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Good plan with any Euro when you option it out. I thought about doing that but there were no 2 year old cars available that I wanted.

ah.. I see. We have plenty of 1-2 yr old certified good mileage C300 4matics
that go for like $29K-$32K.. pretty nice vehicles.

No 2dr option, I'm out...

i hear ya, but the styling trend of sedan coupes is getting more and more popular and they are trying to sway those 2dr only people that way.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
ah.. I see. We have plenty of 1-2 yr old certified good mileage C300 4matics
that go for like $29K-$32K.. pretty nice vehicles.

Only people I see driving C class in Seattle are seniors. While I'm turning 40 this year, I'm not ready to be lumped into that bunch. I was looking at the GLK but so much demand here, used prices are high.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
C250 used goes for 29-32k with 7 year 100k certified warranty. It's incredibly tempting, but the stigma and lack of performance keeps me from buying it.

I love the 2012+ interiors, the size of the car is great and they are safe and fuel efficient.