GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

Fingolfin

Ready to race!
Going to look at AR lowers tomorrow. Don't have time to build one but with the laws changing next month want to at least register a lower so I won't have to take the long gun test.

Any suggestions? I'm not wanting to break the bank with a Colt lower. Something good reliable that I can shoot a lot with.

PSA, Aero(or Aero contracted), Spikes, etc should serve you well for a good low cost lower. I'd try to find somewhere selling locally so you don't have to pay shipping and transfer costs.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Majority of handguns are not "on roster" for sale unless law enforcement etc. Currently there is a Single Shot Exemption -SSE that allows many of those guns to be converted to a single shot platform. Pull the slide load a round, bang. Then repeat again manually. But once legally purchased as a single shot the firearm can be put back to normal functioning semi auto. Sold new it can only be a single shot.

Things like Gen 4 Glocks, XDm (not regular XD) pretty much anything cool is off roster. The panic that most Cali people are going through is 2015 there will no longer be this exemption. Everyone is trying to do their SSE now but of course Cali only allows one purchase per 30 days. My last purchase expires 3pm on the 31st. So I have that VP9 waiting at the shop the second my 30 clears.

I'm not the best at gun laws but that is the general idea of things as I know it.

interesting. certain laws are so dumb. just increase the price on certain parts and call it a day but dont ban them

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So just DROS'd a Del-Ton optic ready AR-15, going to put my vortex red dot sight on it... Also ordered OD green 10/30 magpul magazine and OD green MagPul stock, pistol grip, hand guard and forward grip

Can't wait!!! They had a sick deal for $539 till the end of December. usually $700 at the LGS

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
So I turned 21 about 6 months ago and im finally moving out of the barracks. I want to get my CC and a nice pistol. I was looking at a Glock 19 for that purpose. Ive fired the 19 before and I like how if feels. I also fired the 23. Same frame just in a 40. But I wasnt impressed.

Talking to my Sgt yesterday he suggested I look into the S&W Shield. Apparently its only 1 inch wide. And the magazines only hold 7 or 8 rounds. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol or any advice on how they feel it would do as a CC weapon?

barische

Go Kart Champion
So I turned 21 about 6 months ago and im finally moving out of the barracks. I want to get my CC and a nice pistol. I was looking at a Glock 19 for that purpose. Ive fired the 19 before and I like how if feels. I also fired the 23. Same frame just in a 40. But I wasnt impressed.

Talking to my Sgt yesterday he suggested I look into the S&W Shield. Apparently its only 1 inch wide. And the magazines only hold 7 or 8 rounds. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol or any advice on how they feel it would do as a CC weapon?

Sig p229

ncsugray90

Ready to race!

My roommate just got a 26 for his winter carry, but unless you're a big dude, it's not going to be a good year round carry. Shields and xds's are good summer carries.

I personally carry a Kimber solo. I don't have a winter carry yet, but I'll probably go with a full size .45 for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingolfin

Ready to race!

Shield should be fine, put your hands on one and see how it feels. I would not get one with the safety, but that is my preference. I think a gun you would need to hastily pull from concealment off your body in close range to an attacker should be as simple and reliable as possible. This is why I prefer a J-frame revolver for that.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Ny wife has the m&p shield 9. She loves it.
It carries nicely. Minimal print. I have a G26. I love it but I wish for a single stack glock in 9. Kind of jealous of wife.
Yea im 5' 10" and 185lbs. I think the 26 is a big too big for me. But I feel like the shield would be a good smaller pistol especially when im not wearing a coat.
A little too expensive for me. Id rather not spend $900 on a pistol I may need to give to a cop.
My roommate just got a 26 for his winter carry, but unless you're a big dude, it's not going to be a good year round carry. Shields and xds's are good summer carries.

I personally carry a Kimber solo. I don't have a winter carry yet, but I'll probably go with a full size .45 for that.
Agreed on the size of the 26. I think it will be a bit too big. How do you like the Kimber?
Shield should be fine, put your hands on one and see how it feels. I would not get one with the safety, but that is my preference. I think a gun you would need to hastily pull from concealment off your body in close range to an attacker should be as simple and reliable as possible. This is why I prefer a J-frame revolver for that.
Yes ill get the one without a safety. Im left handed so id prefer something without a safety or that is ambi. My sgt has the Shield so we will be going out shooting after the holidays. The part that really makes the shield appeal to me is that I can get one for about $350.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I love my kimber. It's a bit picky on ammo, but very accurate and easy to conceal. Feels great in the hand with a full metal frame too.

Your best bet is going to be to try and find a used one, new they are $800+. Got mine for $500

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Yes ill get the one without a safety. Im left handed so id prefer something without a safety or that is ambi. My sgt has the Shield so we will be going out shooting after the holidays. The part that really makes the shield appeal to me is that I can get one for about $350.

The safety isn't really that big of a deal. I just leave mine in the fire position when holstering it. It can also be disabled fairly easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsxcPfZ8mE

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
A 26 too big to conceal carry? Im under 5'6 and id conceal my 19.

Shouldnt be much harder than concealing my 10 inch weiner . :iono:

Ignore my comment on the 26 being too big, I was thinking a 23. Glock confuses me with all their numbers.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Ignore my comment on the 26 being too big, I was thinking a 23. Glock confuses me with all their numbers.

Lol I was gonna say , if a 26 aint small enough then I dont know what would be . Yeah glock models are confusing , 26 is really nice lookinh gun, fits 19 and 17 mags as well which is nice