Banned
more artsy stuff, like this you mean?

Attachments

• 220px-Titanic_poster.jpg
    220px-Titanic_poster.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 150

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Feck off!! No way man. .... maybe in 3D!
Drive is complete rubbish. End of story. That is fact. Done!

Forget drive. Put the big lebowski on again.

McQueen77

Banned
Feck off!! No way man. .... maybe in 3D!
Drive is complete rubbish. End of story. That is fact. Done!

Forget drive. Put the big lebowski on again.

youre out of your fucking element donnie!

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll!
Shomer fucking shabbos

McQueen77

Banned
i think you need to rewatch drive dude. its about minimalism. the lines in between the lines. some great dialogue in that movie:

"did shannon ever tell you how we met? i used to make movies in the 80s, sexy stuff. one critic called them european.. i thought they were crap. shannon used to arrange all the cars and stunts for me. overcharged the shit out me, but i liked having him around. then he got tied in with nino's people. they didn't go for the whole overcharging bit... they broke his pelvis.... he never had a lot of luck."

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I could take a sleep inbetween the lines.
Hello how are you? ..... 5 mins wait .... fine. ..... 4 mins ..... Can I fix you a sandwich? ...... 6 mins wait ..... Yeah whatever.

Not the exact words - more like Bad Santa but you get the point.

It's crapper than crap.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I could take a sleep inbetween the lines.
Hello how are you? ..... 5 mins wait .... fine. ..... 4 mins ..... Can I fix you a sandwich? ...... 6 mins wait ..... Yeah whatever.

Not the exact words - more like Bad Santa but you get the point.

It's crapper than crap.

So... You don't relate... Fine. IMO the cinematography, music, acting and character development are all there and really good. It is a modern fairy tale. The dialogue is good because it is what the characters don't say is as important as what they do.. but if you don,t get it ....that's ok it isn't for everyone.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I'm late to the party but I just got netflix and watched it last night. I thought it was great and am digging the soundtrack.

Merkle

Banned
I remember hearing that Ryan Gosling only had a couple pages of lines in the whole movie. I'm really impressed how they made that impala sound that good.

Love that movie, it's almost film noir with a gear head theme.

McQueen77

Banned

yes. seen it about 10 times. one of the few movies i bought on iTunes and own. i became completely obsessed with that soundtrack. i take a lot of those same streets he is driving in the movie, on the way home from work at night, late, no one on the streets, its funny to play that soundtrack and cruise around. cliff martinez did the soundtrack (w/the exception of the actual songs in the movie) and his work on movies like Crash and Solaris are great too. The girl who sings in the band I tour with, sings on the title track to the opening credits of the song. Kavinsky produced w/her on vox.