GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

YCW Reference Series Coilovers (Round 2 Testing) - From $900

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor
These are still under testing and not at production yet. This is why there is a lack of reviews unfortunately as we only had 1 set per fitment allocated for testing.

However, with our 2nd round of testing (and there are a lot more testers this time) which should be starting next month, there should be more reviews.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
These are still under testing and not at production yet. This is why there is a lack of reviews unfortunately as we only had 1 set per fitment allocated for testing.

However, with our 2nd round of testing (and there are a lot more testers this time) which should be starting next month, there should be more reviews.

Got it. On paper these look great and I am tempted to test them out. What are the default spring rates you are using and what are the sport spring rates?

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor
This is the email sent out to everyone who is on the 2nd round of testing (for those who never received the email):

"Hey there,

first of all, I would like to apologise for the delay with the 2nd round of coilovers.

the good news is, we can confirm now that the springs will be shipping out to us this week from Japan, which will take a couple weeks.

After we receive, we can start final assembly, and organise the shipping method that our customers required (please note, if you are not located within the mainland US, then only the UPS shipping option is available).

As mentioned in our forum post, you have two options for shipping:

1) Wait for the coilovers to come over to the US on our monthly container. This normally takes around 6-7 weeks, but once they arrive in the US, we will ship them to you at no extra charge

2) Have the coilovers shipped directly to you via UPS Express, which takes around 3-5 working days. This will cost $150

We will contact you further in a couple weeks time (i.e when we start assembling them coilovers) to arrange the remaining payment(s) due, so you do not need to decide which shipping method you require yet, but advance notice is appreciated"

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor
Coilovers are under final assembly just now, and will be shipping out next week. They are scheduled to arrive at our US facility in November (for those who live outside of the US, we will be shipping via UPS/TNT Express)

A final PayPal invoice has been sent to all concerned. Thanks!

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor
Container is on it's way, and is scheduled to arrive at LA port on the 16th Nov, so should hopefully clear customs and be delivered to our facility around a week later. We can then start shipping the orders out via UPS Ground to everyone :)

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
The website showed there were a few sets left, but only the "sport" version is available. I was considering a "race" application, any way to accommodate that with the discounted price?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The website showed there were a few sets left, but only the "sport" version is available. I was considering a "race" application, any way to accommodate that with the discounted price?

If this car is mostly driven on streets in SoCal I look forward to your review if you get the race version with the revalved shocks and stronger springs. I live in SoCal too and just purchased the YCW sport coilovers (to be installed before Xmas). We can compare notes. Like you I track my car too.

I have tried race version coilovers on a couple of my other cars and always regretted the choices after about 2 miles of driving. I am currently on Bilstien B8 / Eibach sportlines that do well on the street with reasonable comfort and still work well for me at the track. The YCW sports are going to be stiffer than this setup and I am a little worried about retaining a reasonable ride. Either you have a track only car or you are much braver than I am.

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor

We don't have any more of the higher spring rate setup in stock unfortunately.

You could give the current rates a try and, if you deem them to not be stiff enough, you could change out the springs at a later date without too much hassle.

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
If this car is mostly driven on streets in SoCal I look forward to your review if you get the race version with the revalved shocks and stronger springs. I live in SoCal too and just purchased the YCW sport coilovers (to be installed before Xmas). We can compare notes. Like you I track my car too.

I have tried race version coilovers on a couple of my other cars and always regretted the choices after about 2 miles of driving. I am currently on Bilstien B8 / Eibach sportlines that do well on the street with reasonable comfort and still work well for me at the track. The YCW sports are going to be stiffer than this setup and I am a little worried about retaining a reasonable ride. Either you have a track only car or you are much braver than I am.
I've made the same mistake on previous cars in the past so I know what your saying about the harshness of race type suspension. When I first got the car 10 years ago there was no intention to track it so I did a similar setup to yours with koni yellows and neuspeed sport springs and they are great for street and track too. Fortunately the car is now an extra vehicle and I'm looking to take it to the next level but without spending a grip of cash. My next option is to look at the ground control conversion with stiffer springs and camber plates. I can only go so stiff with the springs on the Konis, but it would still be a quality setup that won't overwhelm me with a million adjustment points. With the money saved I can look at other mods like an LSD for the DSG down the line too.

Thanks for the info though guys.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

Looking forward to your review!

MFactory, a couple of questions for you.

1.) These all come with camber plates, or is that part of the inverted option?

2.) What is the length of the rear springs? I remember reading a different coilover review (Eibach Multi-Pro R1's) and they include 7" linear springs from the factory, but have the option of having an 8" spring swapped in.

3.) The struts are of YCW's own design?