GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I bought another German car...

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
...and that car is an M3! What the hell was I thinking? I wasn't and I don't care!

So over the weekend I pulled the trigger on the one car that I've always had my eye on and realistically could one day own. And that time is NOW! Well, March to be exact. They still have to build it, put it on a boat and bring over here.

This car right here, pretty much.

Mineral Gray
Black leather interior
Manual transmission
18'' wheels.

Reason I'm posting this is I'd love some advice or suggestions on a few things I want to do to it! I love my R32 but this is SO not that.

I want to do 2 things right off the bat, lower it and 19" wheels (reason why I got the 18's "at no additional cost")

So my question is, If I'm looking for coilovers and riimzz, am I still looking at the same brands we do with our VW's? With the Google I found a lot of people running KW coilovers on their bimmers. Also, spacers...is that a thing on this car, am I fucking things up? Lol.

Yeah so I have 3 months to figure this out but I want it all ready to go when the car gets to the dealership.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
do the european pickup! take a trip to Germany and save $10,000 on the price of the car!

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
do the european pickup! take a trip to Germany and save $10,000 on the price of the car!
I heard about the ED! Spent a good minute looking at pictures owners have posted of their trip. But how do you save 10k by adding a vacation? Lol.

Booooooost it!!!

I shouldn't be spending anymore money after buyin this! But I want to do wheels and suspension at least for now. Or so I say... I don't even believe myself anymore

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
I'd do kW suspension and 42dd spacers that are wheel n hub centric [emoji106]��

That! That right there is the idea I want to go with. Seen a lot of dudes doing the KW's and I'm looking around trying to figure out the spacer size. I've seen some doing 15/18 and no reports of rubbing SO FAR...

And as far as wheels, I love VMR's. Maybe I just haven't been exposed to many others but didn't see any Roti's or Avant-Gardes that I liked so what else? lol :iono:

Edit: I really like the competition wheels, looking for that or something similar.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
I heard about the ED! Spent a good minute looking at pictures owners have posted of their trip. But how do you save 10k by adding a vacation? Lol.

lol make a vacation out of it and at least you can say that money went towards some time in Europe and not to the car. Bottom line, the car payment is lower.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
lol make a vacation out of it and at least you can say that money went towards some time in Europe and not to the car. Bottom line, the car payment is lower.

Well I went with BMW Select so my payment is fairly low. I don't know know great that is in the long run (financially) but also, work won't let me take that time off, and if I do I won't get paid and therefor not be able to pay for the car lol

Corgon

Ready to race!
VMRs are great but this is a different beast. Don't put a pair of 30 dollar shoes on an Olympic runner. Get a decent set of forged wheels from HRE, Vossesn, Rotiform, VIP modular, OZ, Rays/Volks, Nutek, etc.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
VMRs are great but this is a different beast. Don't put a pair of 30 dollar shoes on an Olympic runner. Get a decent set of forged wheels from HRE, Vossesn, Rotiform, VIP modular, OZ, Rays/Volks, Nutek, etc.

I have a lot of respect for VMR and the people that work there. And I really like their wheels. Also, sure I bought a 65k car but I can't afford 2k+ wheels. LOL.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
SO! I am looking into MORE POWERRRR but I want to get used to the car first. I mean, coming from an R32, 425 HP is gonna feel like a beast.

SO the things I'm gonna do to the car as soon as I take delivery are
19" VMR 810's
H&R springs
black kidney grille
color matched side markers.

Simple, clean...that's it for now!

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
awesome car,

but your plans basically consist of fucking up the performance you paid extra for.

may as well 3 series.

You're referring to the suspension? Can't imagine it being the wheels or the grille...

I didn't spend the extra $ on the adjustable suspension. What do you suggest if I'm looking to lower the car about an inch or so?

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32