GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I am a sinner - hit VTAKKK

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Ever have one of those moments where you feel like shittiest person in the world??

That was me last night. Was just messing around and missed a 3rd to 4th shift. Vagcom confirms I hit 9300. It ticks like hell right now but actually idles clean. Had it flatbed to a shop this morning. Needless too say I'm pretty anxious about the whole incident.

Car has done nothing wrong to me in 175k miles, and I decided to cunt punt the hell outta her last night. Hopefully all will get sorted soon.

DerSock

Ready to race!
9300!?

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Yessir. 93 -fucking- 00

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
sweet lord

I would have yelled "MERICA"!!!!!!

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Ha, it actually makes perfect sense, you can do the math if you'd like. There is no explanation for the stupidity though. Shop won't be able to tear her apart until next week. At least my wife has graciously lent me her CC.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Man that's horrible. I've been to a Mensa meeting, it was hella weird and I left early.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You're gonna need a new head or have it rebuilt

Did the same thing on my '03 SVT Focus YEARS ago.....missed the downshift to 4th and went into 2nd and it rev'd to 11,000rpm or something the dealer said.
Bent all the valves

It ticked like crazy (sounded like a diesel) after that and tried limping it home, but it died on the way there.

Brigand253

Ready to race!
Damn, sorry to hear this. But it sounds like you floated a valve and had piston contact. Hopefully it can be repaired/saved with minimal fuss.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
There were a couple times when I redlined to 7600rpm in 1st-3rd on the stock head. Guess im still okay thou.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
So my mechanic is saying that I may have fouled up some lifters and my valves may be alright. He'll be tearing it down tomorrow.

Is there anything specifically I can check for? Get him to run cylinder compression? I'm planning on doing my timing belt as well, I'm absolutely shooting for 250k miles in my car.