GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't figure out why my car sucks so bad

Spectre

Ready to race!
I'll try this a better way. My car pisses me off. I have two codes that are popping up evap Gross Leak and rich in bank 1. OK. A billion of us have had this code. My car runs like crap now though. Here are the symptoms

Car won't start.
Idles rough.
When I come to a stop, car wants to die.
Only runs about half boost ((no i don't have a boost gauge so don't ask)
Surges when it's driving.
Sometimes it runs perfect

I replaced the N80 valve and cleaned the MAF. Nothing helps so far. My buddy says I have a vacuum leak. I've read 850,000,000,000 posts on the web about these problems. Nobody has ever fixed it. Does anyone on here have a clue or should I just start replacing everything. LPFP, charcoal canister, evap pump, hoses, stereo, steering wheel...etc?

Every scab shows the same deal. It's something but we can't tell! That makes me so thrilled to know.

Driving a turbo car without a turbo is the worst thing ever. I almost just got out of it and left it on I-20 for whoever to have.

I need this car to run. I drive 250 miles everyday.

Spectre

Ready to race!
You guys are going to make me slit my wrists. I've read the Ross Tech stuff. I've done research. It says i can be one of about 10 things including overfilling the engine with oil.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
You guys are going to make me slit my wrists. I've read the Ross Tech stuff. I've done research. It says i can be one of about 10 things including overfilling the engine with oil.

Well you see, here's the thing. The last thread got deleted, presumably because you were being a dick (let's not make that mistake again shall we :thumbsup:). So, if you had said "I scanned the car with VAGCOM" in the first thread, I - along with many others - wouldn't have known because the thread was deleted (because you were being a dick).

You can use a generic code reader and read up on Ross-Tech, sure. That will only get you so far.

When you have a problem that's as big as you say it is, a good start would be spending 150-200 on a used Ross-Tech cable.

You guys are going to hopefully cooperate with me and bear with me, thanks in advance!

FTFY.

EDIT: So it wasn't deleted, my tapatalk said it was. Either way, you didn't scan shit with vagcom.

Duster117

Ready to race!
It wasn't deleted, it was locked. (Because he is being a dick)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
It wasn't deleted, it was locked. (Because he is being a dick)

Right, Tapatalk made me think it was deleted. But know he's saying that we're going to make him slit his wrists because of how we're not helping him enough :iono:

Spectre

Ready to race!
I'll have to find someone local who can vag com scan if i don't figure it out tomorrow.

I blocked off the intake for now. Car ran fine then. Will start replacing vacuum lines in the morning and go from there.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
there is not much vaccum tubing on this like there was in the 90's

diagram will show the hard plastic lines, and a few hose fittings for fuel vapors/evap purge and stuff

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
maybe talking about a new manifold? but ya, some of those connections go into the underside of the manifold and link to a evap purge solenoid (which always was vw problematic solenoid that I could remember from older gen). a "gross evap leak" maybe a connection loose before or after that solenoid? but with vagcom you could really dig deeper. generic codes sent me on some wild goose chases with these in the past, if you keep the car, get vcds for sure.