GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

225/35r18 recommendations

J-Fly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi TTS
I trust you guys more than anyone else so maybe you can help me out. I'm going from the stock 17 in Denvers to 18 in Alzor 628s. I was hoping to get some recommendations for some 225/35/18 tires. I don't drive in snow so just dry & wet. So far the Yokohama S.Drive is the best bang for buck imo with Fallen FK-452 not too far behind. I'm hoping to get tires that will last at least 40k before I trade-in. Thanks!

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
why 225/35?

J-Fly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi TTS
The wheels are 18x8, 5x112 no modifications needed. I wanted a low profile look that's why I want 225/35r18 tires. I would have to see how a 225/40r18 tire would look but probably not low profile enough

poonpower

Ready to race!
well 225/40 is pretty low profile. The stock GTI uses that size. It looks fine on the stock car, but then theres the wheel gap of course

J-Fly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi TTS
Well, the bottom line is I should have done some more research before buying the wheels but I do appreciate the advice. The ECS website says that the wheels didn't need any mods as far as spacers goes so I assumed that I was good to go. 225/40 just looks the norm to me and not worth buying a new set of tires and wheels for that.

J-Fly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi TTS
What would really help out is if I could find pics of 18 in wheels with 225/40r18 tires on stock suspension GTI. I could just be assuming that it won't look nice to me. I searched the forums but I couldn't find any.