GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Me vs Mazda Speed 3

unnnaturall

Me: Bone Stock
Mazda Speed3: Cork-Sport Intake

So I'm coming home from 711, and on my side is my friend with his Mazda Speed 3. He rolls down his window and asks me if I want to do a 2nd gear pull with him. I said sure, honk..honk..honk..

From 3,000 Rpm we take off and surprisingly we were just staying even...and then i started pulling on him very slowly.

Then we did a 3rd gear roll at 3,000 and I pulled on him again very slowly.

I was pretty surprised since I thought he would demolish me with his jump in HP and TQ, and also the fact that his car is identical in weight.

I then got the apr carbonio stage 2 back piping and the Neuspeed CAI, BFI stage 2 dogbone insert, and the euro short shift kit.

And he had gotten a motor mount, a short shifter and his Accessport tuner.

Then about a month later we did another pull from 3rd on the highway.
3 honks and bam we were even in 3rd, then 4th he started creeping away pretty significantly( as he should which is expected with his tune )
And 4th he kept pulling, and a little in 5th I'm not sure if it slowed down a bit idk but we stopped pulling because race car. (115mph )

I'm pretty sure with full stage 2 I would keep up (;

His " off the shelf tune " from his Accesport took his boost limit off 1st 2nd and 3rd, and enabled him to flat-foot shift, also peaked his psi to 17.5 opposed to his stock 15psi.

But hey those speed 3's are no joke !

Anyway, CSB !

Last edited:

TSiUG

sleeper...
Me: Bone Stock
Mazda Speed3: Cork-Sport Intake

So I'm coming home from 711, and on my side is my friend with his Mazda Speed 3. He rolls down his window and asks me if I want to do a 2nd gear pull with him. I said sure, honk..honk..honk..

From 3,000 Rpm we take off and surprisingly we were just staying even...and then i started pulling on him very slowly.

Then we did a 3rd gear roll at 3,000 and I pulled on him again very slowly.

I was pretty surprised since I thought he would demolish me with his jump in HP and TQ, and also the fact that his car is identical in weight.

I then got the apr carbonio stage 2 back piping and the Neuspeed CAI, BFI stage 2 dogbone insert, and the euro short shift kit.

And he had gotten a motor mount, a short shifter and his Accessport tuner.

Then about a month later we did another pull from 3rd on the highway.
3 honks and bam we were even in 3rd, then 4th he started creeping away pretty significantly( as he should which is expected with his tune )
And 4th he kept pulling, and a little in 5th I'm not sure if it slowed down a bit idk but he wasn't pulling that hard.

I'm pretty sure with full stage 2 I would give him some damage (;

His " off the shelf tune " from his Accesport took his boost limit off 1st 2nd and 3rd, and enabled him to flat-foot shift, also peaked his psi to 17.5 opposed to his stock 15psi.

But hey those speed 3's are no joke !

Anyway, CSB !

Wait a minute here.....are you tuned or are these your only mods?

TSiUG

sleeper...
Those are the Only mods

BFI Pendulum mount insert, SS, nd stage 2 intake

Then your friend cant drive.....Are you DSG or 6MT?

A tuned MS3 should shit all over an essentially stock GTI from a roll.

This was my stage 2 setup(at that time) vs my boys Mazdaspeed 3 + intake from a low speed 2nd gear roll.

Now same day(well night) on the highway against him, but camera guy switched to my car. BONE STOCK besides intake vs my strong running stage 2.

Last edited:

unnnaturall

Nahh he can drive
and remember its an off the shelf tune, not really tweaked, it only upped his boost alittle, and he still needs his fuel pump internals, fuel pump internals for the ms3 are a must.

6SMT

TSiUG

sleeper...
Nahh he can drive
and remember its an off the shelf tune, not really tweaked, it only upped his boost alittle, and he still needs his fuel pump internals, fuel pump internals for the ms3 are a must.

6SMT

Somethings not adding up honestly. I added vids to my last response. This was a stock tune(so limited boost in early gears) MS3 with only an intake. When he added just the Cobb Tune, before he got all of the other mods(hpfp, IC, TBE) he was neck and neck with me in lower gears, and pulled even harder up top. When we were both stock, even with my DSG he pulled me pretty badly but we didnt make vids.

TSiUG

sleeper...
Wow. Two unbelievable stories in a row. I love the vs section.

Wait. What yr is this ms3?

Sent from my iPhone

It shouldnt matter, same engine, and I dont think the 2nd gen added more than 50 lbs of weight.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I don't really believe the OP story. A ms3 has close to 270hp stock vs our 200hp? But it was neck and neck? Doubtful. I do how ever believe TSI's story. I've ran a ms3 that had a DP vs my stage 2 6mt. And he pulled me every time once I shifted. I'm pushing 19psi with my GIAC tune.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
It shouldnt matter, same engine, and I dont think the 2nd gen added more than 50 lbs of weight.

Pretty sure the 2nd gen has less favorable gearing than the 1G though.

Also, I've had mixed results running speed 3s. I gradually pulled a 2G I presume was stock from about 70-120, when I was S2+, and lost pretty conclusively in a couple 40/50ish rolls to a tuned 2G when I was newly K04'd.