GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
hey sterling! hows the iphone 5 treating you?

i've been having issues with my car lately. just scanned the bish and it threw a p0299 code for lowboost. so i either have a boost leak, broken sensor, or... bad/failing turbo :yikes:

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
i've been having issues with my car lately. just scanned the bish and it threw a p0299 code for lowboost. so i either have a boost leak, broken sensor, or... bad/failing turbo :yikes:

That's shitty man. Do you have a boost gauge?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
hey sterling! hows the iphone 5 treating you?

I knew youd eventually throw p0299. It has to be the dv, pcv, intercooler hoses leak or you need to oil and recharge your air filter. Probably isnt your turbo hopefully:thumbsup:

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Yep nope, I was wrong...

Yea only tsbs i know of are pcv and fuel pressure sensor.

Cskm, is your car tuned? If it is then dv is 99% most likely your problem. The increased psi causes the old dv to tear causing a boost leak and p0299

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, there is no recall for the DV. I haven't done it but apparently they're not hard to install yourself. If that's not the problem it probably will be a problem soon. Might as well replace it with the new rev anyway.

Also, get a boost gauge :)

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
If your DV is actually blown I have my old unbroken Rev. C lying around I could give ya but you'd just be better off buying a Rev. D in the long run if that does prove to be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.