GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BlaineWasHere's FR-S Build Thread!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I was wondering if the badges were just glued to the front or riveted.
Toyota badges look way better there than Scion :thumbup:

Badges are glued on but also have posts so there are holes behind the badges. I was just gonna go badgeless rear but Toyota badge and Pastidip is cheaper than body work.

I'm pretty happy with the way the badges look! Thanks for the compliments!

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
looks fantastic

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
Blaine, did you see the current Motor Trend? Best Driver's Car of 2012. BRZ place 4th over the Aventador, GT500, ZL1 and a few others (9 cars in the total test). Only cars that beat it were the GTR, AMG Black Series, and a Porsche Carrera 911 S. All cars that are over $100k

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Blaine, did you see the current Motor Trend? Best Driver's Car of 2012. BRZ place 4th over the Aventador, GT500, ZL1 and a few others (9 cars in the total test). Only cars that beat it were the GTR, AMG Black Series, and a Porsche Carrera 911 S. All cars that are over $100k

Top Gear Mag picked it over the new 911.

I can tell you after about 9k street miles and a handful of autoX I've never driven anything that drives like this car. Everything but the power makes you think it's an extremely serious car.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Yeah I drive A LOT for work, but I also get paid $0.55/mile for work miles and it pays for the car, insurance, and gas. So despite the fact I have to dump a lot of miles on a car it's still not a bad deal.

It's doubtful there will ever be factory forced induction.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Why? So she can put a gun to my head?! I like my balls where they are, thank you. Comfortably resting in her purse, that is.

Got into a half drunken argument with a fellow 'car guy' friend of mine. He claims he's had an opportunity to sample a BR-Z and found it desperately wanting. Sais the engine is gutless and doesn't have nearly enough torque to make the car worthwhile.

Me, I'm comfortable in my bliss ignorance. I am also an ex Miata owner.