GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Spring Specials on 2.0T software for 2006-2008.5 models!

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
Numbers look VERY strong for not having hpfp and being 91oct

The 12.2@116mph that AWE ran with their K04 kit and our high output K04 software was also done with a factory fuel pump. As noted below, the TSI fuel pumps have a higher flow capacity from the factory.

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
So do you have a high output K04 file for FSI engines? If so, is there a special price on that file, and do you recommend rods with that file?

Yes, we have a couple of different high output K04 files for the FSI platform. MSRP for that on special would be $800.00 with all of the programs and a Flashloader Handheld Switcher. For the high output files that we run in the U.S. rods aren't required as of now as we are not reducing knock sensor sensitivity.

vdubn.com

Ready to race!
Bummer, $800 is what I paid for a big turbo file, I was told that the GIAC K04 files were comparable to other K04 tunes (around the $600 to $650 mark). Are you offering any special pricing off of MSRP right now?

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
Bummer, $800 is what I paid for a big turbo file, I was told that the GIAC K04 files were comparable to other K04 tunes (around the $600 to $650 mark). Are you offering any special pricing off of MSRP right now?

$800 includes all of the available modes and the handheld switcher. That is not just a single program file.

vdubn.com

Ready to race!
Yea, I know, but frankly I just run 91 and I never change it. I have all of the options with APR right now (came with the car when I bought it), and I have never changed it.

Do you sell the single K04 91 tune by itself, without the loader, etc?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
$800 includes all of the available modes and the handheld switcher. That is not just a single program file.

And how much more hp is the agressive k04 tune making than the regular k04 flash?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
And how much more hp is the agressive k04 tune making than the regular k04 flash?
I saw some dyno number today that will help answer your questoins. Its a dyno of the old KO4 file vs the new Ko3 race file im running currently. Lets just say the KO3 chart looks a lot more impressive to say the least, even considering the KO4 hits a higher peak hp number. Im hoping now that with my pvc blockoff now and the w/m and what not, that there may be a tiny bit more left in the KO3 with the setup im running. Very interested in seeing my g/s tomorrow and if the have gone up as im expecting they have with the new intake. Think i will take her back and log her tomorrow so i can get the real valid logs sent to GIAC finally.
I would love to take you for a spin and show you the old file vs new file back to back with the A3 at the shop that is still running the old file. The difference is night and day between the old and new files. I honestly think this new KO4 file running race program with a w/m kit is an amazing upgrade path if you want to do rods. I have concerns the torque from such a setup, w/m 100 oct KO4 program, will bend the rods easily if daily driven but man the car would be a blast with all that torque throughout the rpm range.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I saw some dyno number today that will help answer your questoins. Its a dyno of the old KO4 file vs the new Ko3 race file im running currently. Lets just say the KO3 chart looks a lot more impressive to say the least, even considering the KO4 hits a higher peak hp number. Im hoping now that with my pvc blockoff now and the w/m and what not, that there may be a tiny bit more left in the KO3 with the setup im running. Very interested in seeing my g/s tomorrow and if the have gone up as im expecting they have with the new intake. Think i will take her back and log her tomorrow so i can get the real valid logs sent to GIAC finally.
I would love to take you for a spin and show you the old file vs new file back to back with the A3 at the shop that is still running the old file. The difference is night and day between the old and new files. I honestly think this new KO4 file running race program with a w/m kit is an amazing upgrade path if you want to do rods. I have concerns the torque from such a setup, w/m 100 oct KO4 program, will bend the rods easily if daily driven but man the car would be a blast with all that torque throughout the rpm range.

i dont wanna change my rods, well i kinda want to, but can you give me a quote on the labor? ...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
You would only need rods imo if u went ko4 and ran the race/100 oct file. I can work u a quote f
or that iif u r interested. I would say install your ko4 kit and go from there after u see how u like it.

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
i think its about time GIAC provide the extreme flash for the k04 guys over there

Currently, the extreme flash is only provided for the Audi S3, ED30 and pirelli edition GTIs, and the SEAT Cupra R. The 200 base hp cars would need to upgrade their rods in order to run the extreme revisions for a long period of time.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Currently, the extreme flash is only provided for the Audi S3, ED30 and pirelli edition GTIs, and the SEAT Cupra R. The 200 base hp cars would need to upgrade their rods in order to run the extreme revisions for a long period of time.

How much more hp would I be making with 91 octane with the extreme flash?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Thanks