TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Yeah my bad, I was reading the previous post and typed xenon. H for halogen.

dddrew.

blah.
I installed these today and took pictures of my process so I could put up a quick DIY. Then I took pictures of before/after and there's 0 difference... Only when you turn the actual lights on.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Yes like a charm

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
UPDATE: got my bulbs last week and installed it: and I'm very happy about the new look :biggrin:

apollosfury

designeddwk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yellow FTP failure. Put my nokyas in today and by the third flash test the right bulb fried itself. Smh...

If you happen to have touched it to bare finger that can happen. Need to wear fresh gloves from package to install. Even a tiny bit of oil will do them in very quickly. They can also just fail because of manufacturing problems. I have mine in for about a month now and no probs, use them for high beams.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I bought these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001587GVM/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GVOD1U/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details

Not a single difference unless the lights are turned on...

Are you guys buying a completely different set or something?

The daylight pictures you see are taken exactly dead-on, right in front of the lamp looking straight at it. When you are directly in front of the light (when off) you will see the yellow reflection of the bulb but only if you are in that positon.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
If you happen to have touched it to bare finger that can happen. Need to wear fresh gloves from package to install. Even a tiny bit of oil will do them in very quickly. They can also just fail because of manufacturing problems. I have mine in for about a month now and no probs, use them for high beams.

I always wear gloves. Just a janky bulb.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have driven my car quite a bit since the FTP being converted to high beams. They seem incredibly bright when I turn them on. Like I have posted, highly reflective street signs almost blind me. Up until tonight I have never been outside the car and had the car driving at me with the high beams on. OMG they are so bright they are dangerous for other drivers, wow! You could seriously cause someone to go off the road with these, be very careful to step down to lowbeams when approaching other cars this is unlike any other high beam car I have ever seen. Regular high beams are annoying but these will cause you to lose sight of just about everything temporarily.

Last edited:

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I have driven my car quite a bit since the FTP being converted to high beams. They seem incredibly bright when I turn them on. Like I have posted, highly reflective street signs almost blind me. Up until tonight I have never been outside the car and had the car driving at me with the high beams on. OMG they are so bright they are dangerous for other drivers, wow! You could seriously cause someone to go off the road with these, be very careful to step down to lowbeams when approaching other cars this is unlike any other high beam car I have ever seen. Regular high beams are annoying but these will cause you to lose site of just about everything temporarily.

Yes. Which is why people who leave their high beams shining in my face get the business. Fuck 'em.

2006UG

<ding dong>
I'm vagcommed so my ftp bulbs come on with my high beams. Took a snowboarding trip with some friends and on the way home (in the dark) they were impressed with the brightness. Got flashed by a car that was still a couple minutes away in the oncoming lane!

According to *very* conservative estimations, we could see the reflective illumination of a 4" tall green road sign from over a mile away.

Please be very careful with turning off your brights when there is oncoming traffic, and only flash people with your fogs. Only use your brights + ftp if you feel like burning a supernova on the retinas of other drivers.