DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
OK, I have time warner cable basic service 10MB downloads/.5 uploads, and I'm getting about 3/4 the speed. My question is: if I change my modem to a new docsis 3.0 modem, will I see any improvements on the speed?

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
OK, I have time warner cable basic service 10MB downloads/.5 uploads, and I'm getting about 3/4 the speed. My question is: if I change my modem to a new docsis 3.0 modem, will I see any improvements on the speed?

unless the newer model has the abilities to handle a higher speed than the original one then no. you can have them test your line, then possibly switch out the modem. as long as your previous one is, and they all should be able to handle 100/1000mbs anyways

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
The modem that I have right now is an RCA, apparently docsis 1.1 or 2.0 and this model # started selling back in 2005, and I don't think Time Warner replaces them unless they burn out, and they'll probably send me the same model. So yes, thi http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorol...odem/2836657.p?id=1218357903729&skuId=2836657 should be capable of higher speeds, but would I see improvements with the same service?

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
the feed coming in still isn't changing so unless your current modem is either broken, doesn't support the higher speeds or is just junk. i don't see much changing possibly.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Well, I guess I'm going to have to spend 2 hours talking to customer service until somebody competent picks up the phone, otherwise I will be unplugging and plugging the modem all day long.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Well, I guess I'm going to have to spend 2 hours talking to customer service until somebody competent picks up the phone, otherwise I will be unplugging and plugging the modem all day long.

honestly, buying a new one. testing it and returning it if need be would probably easier than speaking to those idiots at customer service.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
honestly, buying a new one. testing it and returning it if need be would probably easier than speaking to those idiots at customer service.

I have to call them regardless because they would need the serial and MAC address of the new modem. I also have to find out if they are charging me lease fees for the modem (no details on the bill) maybe I can save some money too.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
was at our chills last night and i had the big mouth bites for the first time...

oh........ my god..

i am in love. no idea what the white sauce is on them but i loved it. i need more

Thomas897

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 BMW 535XI
That would have come handy last December, when I got stuck in 2ft of snow. I still don't how I made it back from Hempstead all the way to Middle Village (December 26th Blizzard) and got stuck two blocks from my house. Hopefully this year I will be better prepared.

Now I just need some rubber.

Where at in Middle village, thats where I am. Thought I was the only one dwn here.

Status
Not open for further replies.