GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bluefin (where to buy for best price)

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
Hi all.

im looking at buying a bluefin in a few weeks, and i was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to purchase from ?

there's a few on ebay at the moment for around 425 pounds (not inc shipping) is that about as cheap as im gonna find ?

Jason.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
From what I've read on the forums, the cheapest is to buy direct from Superchips.
But for convenience and aftersales service, it is best to buy locally from www.gccorp.com.au.

Update:
Direct from Superchips, UK - $625AUD inc Delivery.
Price from gccorp - $825
Price from Superchips,Australia - $725

Last edited:

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Tempting for me, too.

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
I bought mine from Gerard at GCCorp.
It was $825, and its good having that peace of mind knowing if something stuffs up with the unit its all covered locally and you don't have to liaise with superchips directly.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Jason, let me know if you find the best option. Hopefully with the AUD riding higher, the cost could get even lower.
I'd do Bluefin if the flash doesn't reset my engine and invalidate the warranty.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Jason, let me know if you find the best option. Hopefully with the AUD riding higher, the cost could get even lower.
I'd do Bluefin if the flash doesn't reset my engine and invalidate the warranty.

Ben,

Bluefin is the only tune that keeps the stock map on the device, unlike the other tunes that erase it and replace it with a stock map of their making.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
it's on my wish list, just gotta save a few more dollars.....

on my particular engine, i would be getting about 30% more HP and about 22% more torque,
so a very noticeable increase. and as an added bonus, better fuel economy when not flogging it around.

it basically makes the 1.9 tdi perform about the same as the 2.0.

with any luck ill be able to buy before Christmas.

Jason.

brad1.8T

Ready to race!
JKM Performance in the UK sells them for GBP340 plus post (GBP20 IIRC).

Bought mine from them in Oct 2009 for ~$670 delivered but GBP has died even more since then.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
thanks for the tip.

that would be about $585 AU delivered at todays exchange rate.
great price.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
it's 360 pounds, not 390.

340 pounds for the unit, 20 for shipping.

Jason.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
lol, no probs...

i hope i can get some overtime at work in the next few weeks. then ill go ahead and get one.

just hope the pound doesn't go up too much by then...

Jason.

Last edited:

isaw84

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI
+1 to GCcorp. Got mine from Gerard and he was (relatavily) on the ball. Worked out the same price as the UK at the time.

One of the sponsors for VWWC is bluefin australia, (pretty sure its Jmac - Jimmy) and hes wonderful! I'd be messaging him about one.

brad1.8T

Ready to race!
Local people are good if you are a bit of a klutz or you think you might have one of the locked ECUs that will give trouble.

When I did mine, I had 2 issues.

1) The Windows install on my desktop was fubar & wouldn't accept the Bluefin software install (and a lot of other software). Fixed by using my wife's laptop.

2) Superchips changed the IP of their server but the software supplied with the unit still pointed to the old IP. Sent Superchips an email & after a bit of to & fro we sorted it out.

Best bang-for-buck performance mod I've ever done.