GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: don't fly tiger airways!!!

SleekY

Ready to race!
just use Tiger's pricing to do a price match with Jetstar! i just purchased 3 x return tickets to Melb for $206 with Jetstar!

chris32

Out of control
Car(s)
R32
I had a 7hr delay with jetstar last year, they were over booked and needed 15 people to go the next day. If that wasn't bad enough we landed in hawaii and were then informed that they left our luggage in sydney, took 2 days to get my luggage and pretty much ruined my holiday.

macad

apple pixel pusher
Flew to Vietnam with Tiger last year, they were great - it's all about what you're willing to pay for.

Don't buy a Commodore and complain that it's not a Mercedes!

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
just use Tiger's pricing to do a price match with Jetstar! i just purchased 3 x return tickets to Melb for $206 with Jetstar!

Jetstar is worse as far as delays, look at all the passengers stuck in Thailand for an extra 3 days last week and spent most of their time at the airport before being sent to a hotel each night after further delays!

All the airlines suffer these problems but especially the budget airlines because they cater for bogans who love to rant and rave (which the media love) and they don't have spare capacity if a plane fails.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
ive had bad experience with tiger as well!
I rocked up to my flight 40 mins prior.. for them to tell me, i was too late! now wtf is up with that lol

Yeah I had a really bad experience with QANTAS the last time I flew...

The refresher towel was a little too hot.

The lumbar support in my seat didn't work.

The Salmon was a little over done

And the pilot hit a "bump" at a most inconvenient time causing me to spill a bit of my 3rd Gin and Tonic.
:biggrin:

mike20t

Shaved Burger
I had a 7hr delay with jetstar last year, they were over booked and needed 15 people to go the next day. If that wasn't bad enough we landed in hawaii and were then informed that they left our luggage in sydney, took 2 days to get my luggage and pretty much ruined my holiday.

Totally agree. The real problem is, try booking a Qantas flight to Hawaii!!

You fly FKN jetstar anyways!

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
saad, I love you buddy, but from someone who just reads your threads, you seem a bit whiney.

your thread about what wheels to get, this and that, asking all these basic questions without finding out info for yourself, and now this, it just makes you seem really immature.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Yeah - who the fuck cares about a 2 hr delay when you're sitting in the business lounge drinking scotch and eating miniature pies?

I guess if you pay $45 for a ticket, you can expect to get treated similar to catching a bus.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
No doubt he was sitting on the iPhone/notepad anyway with the Internet, pretty easy to kill time compared to others without that luxury.

mike20t

Shaved Burger
At least the last time when i got delayed with VirginBlue they gave me meal vouchers (which we used at the bar to buy about $100 worth of schooners)...

Hahaha that was a good flight back from goldy.

KWICKS

Now older and wiser
Car(s)
GTI, Liberty 3.0RB
saad, I love you buddy
Feel the bromance!

I won't fly Jetstar for work because they cancel flights that aren't full enough if there is capacity for all passengers on an alternate flight departing after yours as a standard operating procedure. You cannot guarantee you will be where you need to be at a given time unless you have booked the last flight of the day.

I accept delays for mechanical thoroughness, but not when I book a flight at a specific time with a place to be at a specific time that they can choose to cancel to save money. Remember those folks delayed 8 hours for a STate of Origin game this year who missed the kickoff? Jetstar - and no compensation for $100+ tickets. You'd have thought 8 hours was enough margin but no...

I will choose a budget airline for leisure travel becasue time isn't critical, it involves the purchase of multiple tickets so saves money, and because my money is better spent on my recreation activities.